JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Our client, a Steel Fabrication company, is searching for a Business Development Executive to join their Building & Construction team. You will be responsible for developing business with various general contractors, engineers, architects, owner’s reps and property owners within their respective markets. This person will gain continuous market knowledge, trends and information to feed to the company and will be a true contributor to the growth of the company. This requires an individual who is highly motivated, a team player with strong inter-personal and organizational skills, effective attention to detail, the ability to problem solve, juggle multiple projects, and adjust work accordingly. This position also requires a general knowledge of Steel & Architectural Fabrication and installation.
• Utilize strategic account planning and sales pipeline management tools
• Follows a proven sales process that includes prospecting, qualifying, targeting, identifying customer needs, developing value propositions, presenting solutions and alternatives, and closing the sale for future construction project opportunities
• Work collaboratively with the Operations team to implement strategic plans to generate business opportunities, which result in achieved revenue objectives for the company.
• Maintain knowledge of marketplace issues, industry trends, competitive information, customer expectations, public policy and other market drivers
• Make decisions based on the company’s long-term growth philosophy and core values
• Participate in industry and community organizations and serve as a brand ambassador throughout the community
• Review and approve information for prequalification of projects.
• Participate in pursuit teams.
• Liaise with the Proposal/Marketing and Estimating teams as required.
• Participate in the evaluation and planning of all sales and marketing activities, including identifying and prequalifying leads, working on procurement strategies, developing proposals for RFPs/RFQs, closing deals, and negotiating contracts.
• Qualify project opportunities and identify high-potential clients using a disciplined Go/No-Go approach and strategic account management techniques.
• Provide reports and updates to senior management as required.
• Use tact to promote, develop, and maintain relationships with vendors, owners, architects, government officials, and the general public.
• Log and track client relationships through CRM software.
• Relationship development of targeted developers, architects, and market influencers in the local market. Making cold calls as required to obtain essential information or make initial contact.
OTHER DUTIES AS REQUIRED.
• Prepare sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
• Submit orders by conferring with technical support staff and costing engineering changes.
• Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
AED 10,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Visa, health care, flights
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college/university or equivalent experience.
• Ten years or more of related work experience required.
• Construction Industry or Built Environment experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and excellent presentation skills are required.
• Strong organization, leadership, negotiation and delegation skills are required.
• Must be able to interact effectively and diplomatically with a number of diverse people, both on an individual basis as well as within group situations.
• Proven ability to develop lasting, positive customer relationships.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
KERSHAW LEONARD "WE CHANGE PEOPLES LIVES"
Who we are:
Founded in September 1999 The Kershaw Leonard Group was based upon professional recruitment practices laid down by the UK Institute of Employment Consultants whose values are still at the core of our success today.
Inherently we believe that recruitment is a people business not a CV processing business and as such we take time and care to make sure we understand the needs of both our Clients and our Candidates.
Such attention to the care side of our business together with the sheer length of time we have been established has given us a unique position. We regularly attract top class candidates who only want to work with Kershaw Leonard as they trust our confidentiality and professionalism. Similarly, more than 75% of the clients we work with come back for more when they have a new position to fill.
What we do:
Kershaw Leonard Group places exceptional talent on a Global scale. Our winning strategy is to partner very closely with a small number of clients so we can really understand their objectives, needs and aspirations in a way that allows us to intuitively know the kind of cultural fit they are looking for when the time comes for them to recruit new talent. Then once that talent is on board and part of the client’s team, to assist wherever is needed to improve performance and leadership skills
The Kershaw Leonard Group is more than just a recruitment agency. In addition to KL Recruitment, KL Consulting offers a vast spectrum of skills from our experienced behavioural psychologist and consultants with almost two decades of HR Director level experience in the region.