JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are looking for a strategic finance professional with strong business acumen. The CFO will oversee the Finance & Accounting Department and assist the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Board on company's financial strategy and operational performance.
The CFO will be responsible for financial strategy; financial planning and analysis; financial and management reporting; company audits; treasury matters and relationships with banks; compliance to applicable laws, regulations including VAT and Corporate Tax; and financial processes and controls. The CFO will assist top management in monitoring performance of various business units, subsidiaries, and investments/joint ventures.
• Oversee and direct accounting, audit, treasury, and tax related activities of the organization.
• Develop and evaluate short and long-term strategic financial objectives for the company, in line with overall corporate strategy.
• Provide Board/top management advice and consultation on the financial implications of business activities and offer recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
• Direct activities of treasury department; proactively manage cash flow and company’s financing needs; and maintains relationship with banks/financial institutions.
• Oversee preparation of company’s financial and operations plans, annual budgets setting targets for various businesses/departments for their performance evaluations.
• Implement a reporting framework and issuance of periodic management reports that can assist board/top management in monitoring business performance.
• Must have knowledge in Overseas Investments in Real Estate and Tax laws, mainly USA and Canada.
• Ensure compliance with applicable tax related laws and obligations, including Corporate Tax and VAT Return Filing.
• Direct and implement policies, procedures and controls in line with International Financial Reporting Standards, Audit Standards, Corporate Tax, VAT Laws and Risks Management Frameworks.
• Oversee the activities of Finance and Accounting staff and provide them necessary guidance.
• Review organization’s financial position and issues periodic reports on organization’s financial stability, liquidity and growth.
• At least 15 years of Finance/Accounting experience with at least 5 years in a similar leadership role i.e. CFO/ Finance Director/ Financial Controller, etc.
• Professional accounting degree i.e. CPA, CA, or ACCA with Bachelor/Master in Finance or Accounting.
• Previous experience real estate/leasing sector with hands on experience in project feasibilities, cash flow planning, project financing and valuations.
• Good technical knowledge of Accounting/Tax standards and laws like IFRS, UAE VAT, Corporate Tax etc.
• Ability to manage large teams and communicate with Board/top leadership.
• Self-motivated with the ability to plan work and manage priorities.
• Excellent spoken & written English communication skills.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A well-established group of companies in the UAE with interests in real estate development, commercial and residential leasing.