JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Ensure compliance of civil / infrastructure works to design requirements, specifications and project plan.
• Inspecting site conditions prior to start of construction activities.
• Verifying the compatibility of the site with the designed permanent works.
• Checking for obstructions. Photograph and document the condition of existing property that might be damaged by the work.
• Making sure all existing structures, property, utilities and landscaping are properly protected.
• Reviewing materials delivered to site for conformance with approved samples, materials and equipment and report findings.
• Checking that materials delivered to site are properly stored and report discrepancies.
• Inspecting the construction of temporary and permanent works to ensure compliance with the Contract Documents and approved shop drawings and submittals.
• Preparing daily logs and reports. Maintain records of inspections made, tests performed, work executed, etc.
• Performing all work in accordance with the Contract Administration Procedures Manual.
• Observing site safety practices and the progress of the work. Reporting any concerns.
• Assisting with the inspection of completed works. Helping prepare punch lists.
• Monitoring the start-up, testing, commissioning and handover of the works.
• Perform all other duties given by direct manager.
• Observes work in progress to ensure that procedures are followed and materials used confirm to specifications.
• Ensures that proper safety procedures are followed in co-operation with the Health & Safety Engineer.
• Takes samples of various materials tests and calls for testing as required.
• Demonstrates continu8ous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work co-operatively and jointly to provide a quality streamline service
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering or equivalent degree in Engineering from a recognized institute to the approval of the Engineer.
• Must have 5 years of work experience in the construction and supervision of buildings works
• Experience in Survey work with modern instruments and in keeping site measurement records.
• Solid experience in maintaining relevant records and generating reports
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.