JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- Overall responsibility to procure materials and plant (project specific or otherwise) to the correct quality and within the budget allocated and time frame.
- Review BOQ, budget, specifications and drawings for any new awarded tender to produce procurement list.
- Arrange comparable quotes for commercial manager’s review.
- Prepare comparative reports with different options regarding subcontractors, material providers…
- Ensure that the correct materials are ordered for the project.
- Liaise with contracts/and suppliers/subcontractors to ensure the delivery of the materials within the required timeframe.
- Monitor the stock levels of standard materials and ensure that the required items are purchased when the stock levels are low.
- Maintain continuous communication with suppliers/subcontractors and Contracts Manager.
- Sign off suppliers invoices.
- Follow up on suppliers/subcontractors payments and ensure the suppliers are getting paid on time.
- Arrange material submittals for consultant’s approval from the supplier.
- Monitor material utilization on particular projects
- Responsible for supplier correspondence along with the contracts Manager.
- Follow up for final closeout documentation from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Diploma/Bachelor Degree Civil Engineering.
- 5-10 years’ proven experience as a procurement engineer in CIVIL construction projects, not MEP. This is totally mandatory, candidates with MEP Procurement experience will be automatically rejected.
- UAE/GCC/Middle East experience is a must
- Being in grace period (termination, resignation) or in Visit Visa is a PLUS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Arabic will be a plus.
- Good Communication and Negotiation skills
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Etimad Holding is a technology solutions and services company with dedicated focus on security system solutions, system integration, project fulfillment and execution. We are a dynamic company comprising of highly skilled individuals capable of providing solutions in our field as per the user's requirements/demands.