JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Commercial Manager - 6 Months Contract
The commercial manager will work to support all commercial aspects including pre-contract and post contract services.
• Supporting the Senior Commercial Manager in developing and delivering the procurement strategy and project budget
• Organising and compiling tender documents in line with the agreed procurement strategy in order to satisfy the Client’s requirements and maintain probity.
• Managing the developing of BOQ and PTEs for all packages and provide recommendations and feedback to supply chain as needed
• Coordination of tender queries and responses in order to control the flow and quality of information provided to the tenderers.
• Monitoring the cost control and time control mechanisms to maintain the project budget.
• Direct the work of external cost consultants to maintain financial control of post contract packages.
• Review and recommend payment for interim payments, prepare payment certificates for the Engineer.
• Develop and administer the change management procedures to meet the requirements of the Conditions of Contract.
• Reporting and advising the package managers on commercial issues and contract administration of procedures put in place to control time and cost issues.
• Identification and management of interface issues between contracts and scopes of work in order to fully advise package managers and the Client.
• Operational Responsibilities
• Overall responsibility of Commercial Management for Community Management Team.
• Responsible for ensuring the implementation and maintenance of cost planning and budget across the different package managers and other relevant stakeholders.
• Lead escalation of any commercial concerns to the Project management team.
• Support the Senior Controls Director in all commercial aspects
• Manage the budget monitoring and reporting.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills to co-ordinate and liaise with the Package Managers.
• Ability to convey issues and discuss solutions with stakeholders.
• Ability to identify escalate issues and provide clear justifications to management
AED 14,000 to 18,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• 8+ years’ experience at a commercial management.
• Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying, or equivalent
• Professional certifications and/or accreditation
• Deep understanding of Commercial management
• Experience of working in a senior and high-pressure environment with excellent communication and report writing abilities at/to Board level.
• Technical understanding and working knowledge of villa construction.
• Commercial and contractual expertise to identify and control the interfaces between the villa package contracts, both financially and contractually
• Seniority and experience to manage the commercial aspects unsupervised.
• Knowledge of procurement strategies and pre contract procedures and preparations.
• Knowledge of post contract core skills and duties, change management, cost control.
• Experience of advanced word-processing and spreadsheet packages.
• Experience in working in a multi-cultural organisation, GCC region desirable
• Experience in working with senior level Government partners and multi-agency stakeholders
• Team management skills, presentation skills, risk management skills, project management skills, high attention to detail, communication skills
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2001, Ultimate HR Solutions bears the market reputation of being a complete HR Services provider, precise and pro-active in locating and managing human resources. Our client-friendly process and human capital infrastructure allows us to service ever changing client requirements in an efficient and effective manner. With comprehensive experience servicing world-class clientele and top-caliber candidates across a wide spectrum of industries, we measure our success through our growing list of satisfied clients. UHRS started with humble beginnings as a preferred recruitment partner, and from there branched out into outsourcing/ contract staffing.