JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
As a Commercial Manager at Alpha Flight Services, you will be responsible for leading and managing all commercial activities of the company. Your primary focus will be to develop, implement, and oversee an integrated commercial strategy aimed at increasing revenue and yield for the business, as well as managing the key relationship with strategic airline customers & Stakeholders. Exceptional customer service skills are essential in ensuring the success of this role.
• Support the General Manager to develop and implement a commercial strategy, sales and marketing strategy and customer profitability analysis for the business aimed at increasing revenue and yield for the business. (BOB, BOL, Inflight Retail and F&B Business)
• Implement and maintain a system of Strategic Account Management, to ensure that the business understands and develops its key customer relationships each business (Airline & F & B & Hotel) increase both yield and revenue. Perform analysis of customer revenues and profitability and recommend appropriate corrective action to be taken as a result.
Commercial Strategy Development and Implementation:
• Develop and implement a comprehensive commercial strategy aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
• Identify new business opportunities and revenue streams to drive growth and profitability.
• Monitor market trends, competitor activities, and customer preferences to adapt the commercial strategy accordingly.
• Work closely with dnata Catering in order that sales and marketing activity is undertaken in an integrated and unified manner.
• Ensures compliance to all relevant safety policies, procedures, and controls across the department to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude.
• Establish relationships with relevant colleagues and interface with the rest of dnata to ensure commercial opportunities are identified and acted upon as effectively as possible. Collaborate with the different stakeholders to meet the objectives of the business.
Manage Key account relationships:
• Act as the primary point of contact for key airline customers and airport stakeholders (Sharjah & RAK)
• Foster and maintain a strong working relationship with Critical customers & Stakeholders, ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Regularly review the account performance, identify areas for improvement, and implement strategies to enhance service levels.
• Establish an effective communication process with key customers/ stakeholders to ensure account potential is maximized across the dnata local and overseas businesses, in a coordinated and consistent manner.
Retail Program Management:
• Manage the on-board retail program, including menu selection, sales strategies, and product assortment.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as production, finance, and operations, to optimize the retail program.
• Enhance crew engagement and provide necessary training to maximize sales and customer satisfaction.
• To develop strategy for maximising yield for the Business Unit retail program (Hotel, Lounge & Outlet).
Pricing and Contract Management:
• Establish competitive pricing strategies and ensure pricing is aligned with market trends and company objectives.
• Assist General Manager to conclude contracts negotiation for new and renewal of contracts to ensure that dnata maintains its competitive advantage and leverages on the operations.
• Collaborate with the group legal department to review and finalize contracts, ensuring compliance and mitigating commercial risks.
Team Leadership and Management:
• Provide leadership and guidance to the commercial team, fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture.
• Set clear objectives and performance targets, conduct regular performance reviews, and provide ongoing coaching and development opportunities.
• Foster a customer-centric mindset within the team, emphasizing the importance of exceptional customer service.
Customer Service Excellence and NPS
• Champion a customer-centric approach throughout the organization, ensuring that all commercial activities prioritize exceptional customer service.
• Monitor and improve the Net Promoter Score (NPS) for Alpha Flight Services, working closely with the operations teams to enhance customer satisfaction levels.
• 6 - 9 years of experience in the airline catering, and developing marketing, sales and commercial strategies.
• At least 5 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities.
• Familiarity with the aviation industry, inflight catering, and retail operations is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Marketing, or a related field.
• Working knowledge of Salesforce (CRM)
• Proven experience in commercial management, preferably in the aviation or hospitality industry.
• Strong negotiation and contract management skills, with the ability to review and assess contractual risks.
• Experience in managing on-board retail programs, including menu planning, sales strategies, and crew engagement.
• Strategic thinking and the ability to develop and execute commercial strategies to drive revenue and profitability.
• Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.