JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
This role is responsible for checking new client onboarding for money laundering, credit worthiness and other client verification and acceptance procedures that the company operates. You will also assist the Operational Compliance Manager and CSO with other compliance and regulatory issues as required.
• Opening new clients on the Company’s system.
• Carrying out Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) with the addition of risk analysis relating to each client, ensuring all new clients are appropriately vetted and checks carried out in line with the Company’s compliance requirements.
• Analyse client documentation, such as identification, proof of address, and business registrations, to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Conduct client onboarding and acceptance, AML, and sanctions investigations and analysis.
• Conduct KYC reviews to verify UBOs and assess risk profiles to support client onboarding.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve KYC-related issues and ensure a smooth client onboarding process.
• Dealing with queries from finance, partners, fee earners and other staff relating to money laundering checks.
• Maintain accurate and organized records of client information and due diligence documentation.
• Keeping accurate and up-to-date records of all contact with partners/fee earners and ensure there is a full audit trail.
• Assisting with updating the KYC for long-standing clients of the Company.
• Supporting the Operational Compliance Manager and CSO on day-to-day tasks and projects (both new and ongoing).
• the relevant regulations.
• Assisting with annual high-risk client reviews.
• Assisting with the firm’s annual internal audit.
• Assisting the CSO and the Operational Compliance Manager with the development of the Company’s AML processes and procedures.
• Dealing with general internal and external client queries
• Administrative duties such as filing, ensuring that all filing is accurate and up to date at all times.
• Stay up to date on regulatory changes and industry best practices related to KYC and AML compliance across the UAE.
• Train the staff on the AML/CFT Policy & Procedures and provide them with updates as needed.
• Proven interest in compliance and AML and KYC and/or work experience in a similar role.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent written and spoken English required, proficiency in Arabic a plus.
• Integrity and professionalism; must be a team player.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workloads, progress multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines.
• Adaptability to fast-paced environments and evolving regulatory landscapes.
• Knowledge of KYC and AML/CFT and TFS regulations and procedures in the UAE.
• 2+ years’ experience working within a real estate or financial company.
• Proficiency in using relevant software and tools for KYC analysis.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Chestertons is a global real estate services firm with more than 120 offices in 20 countries, operating across the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific, Caribbean, Middle East and North Africa.
We provide expert advice on the purchase, sale and leasing of all types of commercial and residential real estate, including management of property portfolios, valuations and appraisals, as well as capital market advice to help clients to develop viable strategic opportunities from their real estate portfolios.
Are you interested in becoming a new member of the Chestertons Global Network? Join our Global Network and use our brand and expertise to grow your business globally.