JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Establish a strong compliance and corporate governance culture and structure in the organization.
• Design, create, review and revise compliance policies, procedures, processes, and controls to meet applicable legislation, regulatory requirements and best practice standards in the UAE and Globally.
• Client/business partner onboarding and general compliance monitoring, training, and regulatory reporting as required.
• Promoting, demonstrating, and embedding a strong compliance culture within the organization as well as among our business partners and Clients.
• Conduct due diligence checks and ongoing KYC, AML, CFT reviews for existing clients and business partners.
• Oversee systems and controls to identify and mitigate potential areas of AML compliance vulnerability and risks/gaps and develop/implement pragmatic corrective action plans.
• Prepare regular reports for senior management, and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
• Keep up to date with all relevant regulatory changes as well as evolving best practices, carrying out gap and business impact analysis.
• Provide ongoing and ad-hoc support on compliance queries (both from internal and external stakeholders).
• Assist with the identification, evaluation, monitoring, and mitigation of operational risks and proactively suggest improvements in business practices.
• Bachelor's degree and MBA in a relevant field such as law, business administration, finance and similar.
• Minimum of 5 years in regulatory compliance and AML within Corporate Service Provider, Management Consultancy, Compliance Consultancy and similar.
• Minimum of 10 years working experience, min of last 3 years shall be in UAE continuously.
• Fully qualified member and Certified as an AML specialist, either ICA Diploma in Compliance or equivalent.
• DFSA, FSRA or FCA Authorized Compliance and Money Laundering Reporting Officer – is an added advantage as the company’s future plan is to build its own outsourcing team to act as a consultant and Compliance and Money Laundering Reporting Officer for a range of non-regulated and regulated firms.
• Broad knowledge of all relevant laws and regulations in the UAE and Globally.
• Experience in conducting compliance audits and assessments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Attention to detail, proactive, and ability to analyze complex information.
• Commitment to continuous learning and development, expanding on subject matter expertise and contributing to the development and knowledge of the organization.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Tamimi Consulting is a leading cross border advisory firm, assisting clients to grow beyond borders with a focus on Gulf Countries, Middle East, East Africa, Europe UK since 2010.
Our consulting services cover management and business consultancy, business set up, accounting and financial services, administrative services, strategic marketing, business development and international trade in a wide range of industries and different business sectors.