JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Job Description / Job Role:
• Regulatory compliance matters- AML-KYC checklist etc.
• Role covering legal contracts and risk management
• Drafting, revise and negotiating of a wide range of commercial contracts, as well as, security all the Customers Agreements, company policies
• Develop and implement an effective legal compliance program
• Create sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them
• Ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Investigation and handling of violation
• Ensure that all regulatory permissions remain current and appropriate for business needs.
• Continual compliance risk assessment of company practices together with the development of internal policies and procedures, compliance training and protocols
• Performing accounts/client’s onboarding
• Completing all the necessary documentation
• Performing world Checks or searches clients as required
• Sort out and review the company’s internal Compliance and management system
and business process and provide compliance improvement suggestions
• Construct the company’s compliance management system, formulate and revise company’s compliance manual and other compliance risk management rules and regulations ( As needed)
• According to the company’s compliance requirements and characteristics of each business;
• Responsible for the formulation of various specific compliance work plans, so that the compliance work be carried out smoothly;
• Help various business areas sort out compliance issues, formulate solutions and promote implementation
• Actively identify, evaluate, monitor and report compliance risks, conduct compliance reviews according to system requirements;
• Risk management procedures and advising companies regulations
• Promote the concept of compliance and organize compliance
• Track the changes and development of laws, regulations, regulatory requirements or modifying the company’s internal rules and regulations
• Complete other compliance matters
• Evaluate business activities (e.g. investments) to assess compliance risk
• Collaborate with external auditors and HR when needed
• Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation
• We are looking for a candidate who can join immediately and have work experience UAE
• Proven experience as a Compliance Officer/ Legal Compliance
• Experience or Knowledge on Precious Metals/ Gold Trading Company will be an advantage
• Experience in risk management
• Knowledge of legal requirements and controls (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering, or AML)
• Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
• Excellent communication skills
• Integrity and professional ethics
• BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or a related field
• Professional certification (e.g. Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)) is a plus
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Established in the Middle East in 1993, Gold Standard DMCC has a renowned reputation as the leader in the precious metals sector of the Middle East. Operating on the principles of reliability, trust and credibility has allowed Gold Standard DMCC to become one of the largest and most competitive independent precious metals trading companies in the region.
Offering a wide range of solutions to clients across the institutional, corporate, industrial, fabrication, wholesale jewellery, production and refining sectors, Gold Standard DMCC’s dedicated team are experts in their field, incorporating only the highest standards of integrity, corporate governance and regulatory compliance into every facet of the business.
Operating out of offices in the heart of the gold souks in Dubai, Bahrain and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Gold Standard DMCC is staffed by an experienced team of seasoned bullion professionals and has an established reputation as a leading market participant in the gold markets of the Middle East.