JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
$1.2 Billion Turnover Main Contractor.
Multi-Disciplinary business that operates in Large Scale Buildings, Civil Engineering & Marine Projects.
This employer works across Qatar, UAE, Oman , Bahrain, Kuwait and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Working closely with the Group Commercial Director & the Chief Executive Officer in Abu Dhabi. The post can best be described as a “strategic, legal and contractual dispute resolution”.
You will provide guidance, input and overview. You will be the go to legal person that sits inhouse.
Successful applications will have clear experience in the Gulf Region working for a Reputable Main Contractor or Legal Practice. The client is not open to anyone that hasn’t worked in the Gulf Region as this isn’t a role to learn on.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
• Carrying out review, negotiation and drafting of contracts and legal agreements for business projects, under supervision where required.
• Advising on arising issues, insured risks and commercial queries, under supervision where required.
• Working closely with insurance brokers and senior management on any arising issues.
• Understanding how the construction and built environment industries work, revenues and margins, risks, etc.
• Horizon scanning and showing appreciation of how new legislation comes into force in the Gulf
Overview on the role & employer
• 5 Day week based in the Abu Dhabi Head Office
• Occasional travel across the MENA region for business needs
• Fast paced and dynamic environment
• Exposure to some of the largest projects in the GCC
• Seen as one of the Top 10 Leading Construction Companies in the MENA Region
AED 50,000 to 60,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Plus Flights, Medical & Bonus
The following is needed for a successful application
• Are you a Qualified Lawyer
• 16 Years + Post Graduate Experience
• With experience in the built environment, you have working knowledge of industry forms of contract e.g. New Engineering Contract (NEC), Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT), International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC)
• You must be able to demonstrate a legal professional standard of English & Arabic construction law
• A clear track record working for a Legal Practice or Main Contractor
• Possess an abundance of FIDIC knowledge
• Clear Track record of dispute resolution
• Languages skills – Arabic, English & French
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At NSR we pride ourselves on market knowledge, integrity, loyalty and professionalism. Through personal relationships and knowledge of what our clients look for in specific requirements we like to pride ourselves on matching people to the right role.
The partners at NSR have always dealt with people in an open and honest manner and as a company we are driven to find the right opportunity for people enhancing their career where ever this may be worldwide.
We work on the principal that every person we deal with is a potential client, this process has proved beneficial for us as there are many people we have dealt with on the International circuit that have approached NSR Associates to recruit for them as a client after we have worked on their behalf as a candidate.