JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Stantec is currently looking for a Construction Manager to join our dynamic team and support a construction supervision project of a large building complex with related functional and supporting facility buildings in Abu Dhabi.
Some of the key job responsibilities of this role entail the following:
Effective Business discipline
• To manage the development, incorporation and maintenance of project Health and Safety program.
• To maintain a strict level of compliance, appearance and professionalism amongst Stantec’s safety engineers and encourage growth and improvement on project site level.
• Responsible for all Stantec’s construction execution and HSE supervision activities.
• Protect and ensure compliance of Stantec’s contractual and Authority requirements in terms of health, environment and safety.
• Review project execution in logical sequence and budget to meet the project schedule.
• Review and explain plans and contract terms to project team members.
• Review design change request and additional construction work to contractual agreements with design team and client’s representative.
• Participate in the review of the project procurement strategy.
• Prepares Construction and HSE parts of Monthly Reports.
• Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, emergencies at construction site.
• Prepare preliminary hand-over report.
• As necessary review and comment on site logistic plans and corresponding documentation.
• Coordinate with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
• Minimum 15 years’ experience managing construction of large buildings and working with reputable contractors or consultants.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines: Engineering or Construction from an internationally recognized university.
• Strong engineering and technical background.
• Must have integrity and be able to demonstrate both drive and excellent organizational ability.
• Act as a Mentor to Stantec construction staff.
• Ability to make balanced decisions affecting project stakeholders.
• Ability to plan, supervise and achieve organizational project goals.
• Ability to manage potential conflict robustly.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Ability to communicate and interact professionally with contractor’s site management and site engineers.
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
• Service orientated and ability to develop long-term relationships with Stantec Stakeholders.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.