JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Our client is a leading provider of maritime construction services with a global reach. The company offers a wide range of services, including maintenance dredging, land reclamation, construction and maintenance of harbors, bank protection works, and eco-dredging services.
They are currently looking for a Contract Manager to be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Collating contract document and proactively gathering and processing relevant data for effective contract management
• Developing effective working relationships with contractors
• Assisting with service reviews and actively following issues through until satisfactory resolution
• Production of contract documentation and change controls and ensuring timely signature by authorised personnel
• Processing invoices and monitoring against agreed spending profiles and liaison with the other departments as necessary
• Collating contract information from the frameworks for reports
• Contributing to the work of the group through production or improvement of procedures and work instructions, and providing input to the development of corporate databases that support the work of the contract management team.
Qualification & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying, Law, or related field.
• Minimum 10 years' experience managing a portfolio of complex contracts.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Candidate must be western educated.
• FIDIC is a plus.
• Ability to analyse information and anticipate problems, raising issues in a timely manner to ensure problems are avoided.
• Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering