JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Corporate Secretary handles the administrative duties for the entire organization by attending the meetings of the various committees and, taking accurate minutes, following up with all stakeholders, liaising internally and externally with various high calibre government entities and officials, and ensuring all requirements regarding due process are adhered to.
He/She will be accountable as secretary for one or more of the Investment Committee, Executive Committee, Management Committee, Strategic Assets Committee, Nomination and Remuneration Committee or Audit Committee and any other Committees assigned to the Corporate Secretary. This will cover all aspects related to these committees including:
- Contact members, arrange and prepare for meetings.
- Prepare the meeting agendas.
- Collect, prepare and disseminate all relevant materials
- Ensure the effective running of board, board committee and other committees meetings including: Schedule meetings, prepare the agenda, collect and distribute the materials, attend meetings and take minutes
- Track progress of minute action items (follow ups / reminders) and communicate with staff accordingly.
- Co-ordinate any other board or committee related activities.
- Manage the document and filing system for all board related topics.
- Handle all matters related to internal compliance such adherence to the Code of Conduct and the rules governing trading clearance.
- Attend the various committee meetings and take minutes. Provide minutes in both Arabic and English and ensure timely sign-offs by all attendees.
- Responsible for developing agendas and preparing for the meetings of the Board and each relevant committee in coordination with the CEO, the General Counsel or the chairman of the respective committee as required, agenda circulation and updates, documents and hand-outs preparation
- Responsible for ensuring accurate minutes of meetings are taken during each meeting, reviewed and circulated to members of the respective committee for approvals in a timely manner.
- Be the main custodian for keeping all records for the various committees and disseminating such records as and when duly requested by authorized personnel.
- Generate documents in both languages Arabic and English as requested and as appropriate.
- Create and modify documents and presentations using Microsoft Office, Power Point and Excel as required.
- Support the senior management in assigned project based work
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Administration or any other relevant field
- 1-5 years’ of hands-on Corporate Secretarial experience in a bilingual environment, ideally in a financial or an investment institution.
- Previous working experience in the UAE, ideally in a government institution, an investment house, or financial services company.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Power Point and Excel.
- Experience in creating, revising and reviewing complex documents and senior level presentations.
- Experience in handling documents with legal content or relevance (general understanding, translation, follow-up, writing text/minutes at a proficiency level that they are acceptable from a compliance and governance perspective)
- Fluent in both English and Arabic with experience and outstanding proficiency in spelling, grammar and translation between the two languages.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Emirates Investment Authority (EIA) is the only Sovereign Wealth Fund of the Federal Government of the United Arab Emirates. Established in 2007, the EIA has actively sought unique investment opportunities locally, regionally and internationally, focusing on investing in asset classes that will help strengthen and diversify the UAE economy.
Its primary directive is to manage the sovereign wealth of the UAE by investing in a diversified portfolio of assets in key economic sectors and industries with the aim of delivering sustained financial gains for the UAE.