JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment and embedding equality, consistency and transparency in its culture and employment practices.
The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, marital status, age, being a person of determination or any other non-merit factor.
• Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
• Implemented maintain the Project Controls Systems procedures to cover Planning / Programming, Cost Management, Document Control and Progress Reporting.
• Develop and update master-development schedules to include project conceptualizing, design development, procurement, construction and opening.
• Analyze, evaluate and forecast current status of a project against an established baseline schedule.
• On a weekly and/or monthly basis or as needed, prepare graphs, diagrams, and other exhibits to illustrate cost status and forecast dates and ‘major concerns and corrective actions.
• Access the impact(s) of design, procurement or construction changes and schedule slippages and recommend cost and time recovery scenarios on delayed projects.
• Accumulate and access historical data, such as performance experience, for use in maintaining a realistic basis for future planning and forecasting.
• Review and comment on the baseline and monthly updates submitted by the consultants and contractors.
• Participate in weekly and/or monthly progress meetings and provide insight on design and construction issues that may impact progress.
• Visit jobsites to assess progress and report on observation from a project controls standpoint.
• Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance to others in the resolution of project controls problems.
• Assist Head of Project Controls Systems and/or as otherwise directed by senior management.
• Assist Head of Project Controls Systems to prepare monthly reports to the CPO or as needed.
• Assist Head of Project Controls Systems to review and give recommendation on progress information on dashboards/monthly reports prepared and submitted by the portfolio teams.
• Review Extension of Time claims as submitted by the external vendors and provide recommendation to Head of Project Controls and/or senior management.
• Prepare presentations as and when required by Senior Management.
KPIs & Measure Of Success
• Operational - Accuracy of reports
• Financial - To review the contractors / vendor claims and provide analysis.
• Innovation - Cost reduction and process improvement
• People - Team members are provided learning and career development
• Bachelor’s Degree in QS/ Architecture/Civil Engineering with professional certifications like PMP/PSP or RICS/CIOB/CIArb.
• 8 to 12 years of experience in Project Controls preferably with a master developer or Project Management organizations with some knowledge in contracting.
Skillset (job specific technical & system skills if applicable)
• Analytical skills on cost management & schedule variance, expertise in change management and forensic schedule analysis, sound technical understanding of construction methodologies, technologies and material specifications.
• As per the DOA and policies & Procedures
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Dubai Properties leverages its impressive legacy as a reliable developer to elevate Dubai’s status as a global icon. With almost two decades of expertise designing and developing sought-after residential master communities across waterfront, urban, and suburban locations, Dubai Properties addresses every aspect of the real estate landscape. Its communities - home to an array of residents and happy families - include JBR, Jaddaf Waterfront, La Vie, 1/JBR, Bellevue Towers, Remraam, Mudon and Villanova to name a few.
Dubai Properties also offers institutional investors access to an extensive land portfolio for development opportunities. All the initiatives aim to enrich the lives of residents and visitors, bringing a vast collection of living experiences to the Emirates.