JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Providing water, energy and waste management solutions for 160 years, Veolia offers public authorities and industries with a range of water, energy and waste management services vital to human development and sustainable growth in 48 countries around the world. We continue to adapt and innovate in step with economic growth and human development by designing and implementing solutions that will have a positive impact on the environment and resources. Our goal is to build a better 21st century, we therefore see ourselves as resources.
• More than 1,300 employees in the Middle East (in addition to the 4,000 employees from Enova which reports directly to Veolia Africa Middle East zone, for Facility Management and energy Efficiency contracts in the ME)
• A strong local network with 12 offices across the region (UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar)
• 30 years of sustainable partnerships
• More than 6,000 references
In the Middle East, Veolia works with industries, governments and communities, retail and commercial businesses, to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions that are needed today, with the vision required for tomorrow. Through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes, Veolia is committed to achieving quantifiable results with sustainable, pragmatic environmental solutions.
MAGMA Waste Treatment Services will operate and maintain two industrial Waste Treatment Facilities (IWTF) in Ruwais (Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates) with around 200 employees.
The Hazardous Waste Treatment Facility (HWTF or BeAAT) includes TDU, deoiling tricanter, Stabilization, Class I and II landfill, PCT, mercury treatment unit, and Incineration lines with a capacity around 60 KTA;
The Natural Occurring Radioactive Materials Treatment Facility (NORM) is a new 6,5 KTA decontamination facility, including a high pressure water descaling system, incineration and encapsulation of ashes.
Two / third of the assets were commissioned in 2021 and some alignment works, process, procedures should be implemented to comply with Veolia standards.
The Customer Service & Logistics Support Coordinator will play a crucial part in providing exceptional customer and technical support to our clients for their Hazardous Waste disposal needs. The preferred candidate will possess a strong understanding of Hazardous waste regulations and the significance of maintaining excellent customer relationships. With a solid technical background and exceptional critical thinking skills, you will excel in tasks such as chemical segregation, waste profiling, transportation logistics, and offering cost-effective waste disposal solutions to our valued clients.
This position reports to the Business Development Manager.
• Customer Support: Be the primary point of contact for a diverse group of waste generators in a defined geographic region. Assist clients in characterising their waste materials to determine appropriate management strategies.
• Project Estimation and Documentation: Collaborate with clients to prepare accurate project estimates, quotes, contracting documents, and regulatory paperwork required to support our proposed services.
• Labelling and Marking: Prepare and provide required labels and markings as necessary for efficient waste disposal.
• Compliance Assurance: Ensure compliance with all hazardous waste regulations and guidelines, both at the federal and regional levels, to guarantee the safe and legal disposal of waste materials.
• Continuous Process Improvement: Identify opportunities for streamlining waste management processes, enhancing efficiency, and reducing costs while maintaining a strong focus on environmental responsibility.
• Vendor Coordination: Liaise with waste disposal vendors, transportation companies, and other service providers to schedule pickups, deliveries, and other logistic arrangements efficiently.
• Data Analysis and Reporting: Analyse waste management data, prepare regular reports, and present insights to management, contributing to data-driven decision-making and performance evaluation.
• Inventory Management: Maintain accurate records of hazardous waste inventories, ensuring proper documentation and tracking of waste movements.
• Customer Relationship Management: Build and nurture strong relationships with clients by being proactive in addressing their needs, providing timely updates, and ensuring high levels of client satisfaction.
• Research and Industry Trends: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory changes related to hazardous waste management, incorporating relevant findings into daily practices.
• Service Management: Work collaboratively to manage the seamless execution of our services, ensuring the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
• Work closely and collaboratively with the Operations teams and Support teams
• Ensure contractual, ethical and statutory compliance in their activities
• Foster collaborative long-term working relationships with the facilities’ management and staff.
• Apply all relevant HSE measures in line with regulations and Magma policy
• College/University degree preferred in Environmental, Chemistry, or another science related field
• Great communication skills and customer service
• Ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task
• Professional attitude oriented towards customer satisfaction
• Dynamic, interpersonal skills; Ability to persuade and communicate ideas.
• Experience with Salesforce and Google suite
• 1 - 3 years of work experience in a related field such as environmental services experience in Supply-Chain
• Willing and able to be based full-time in Al Ruwais, Abu Dhabi
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Veolia is the world's largest environmental services company.
For over 160 years, Veolia has provided public and private sectors with Water, Energy and Waste Management solutions and services which are vital to human development and sustainable growth.
With over 200,000 employees on five continents, Veolia designs practical solutions for the management (operation, treatment, distribution and/or supply) of Water, Waste and Energy. Through these three complementary activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, to preserve available resources and to renew them.
Veolia Group achieved revenues of EUR 28.5billion in 2021. (In 2020) the Veolia Group served 95mn inhabitants with drinking water, 62mn with sanitation, produced nearly 43mn MWH of energy, and recycled 47mn tonnes of waste.
Veolia aims to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation. Our goal is to build a better 21st century. We therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
VEOLIA IN THE NEAR & MIDDLE EAST
Veolia has operated in the Middle East for over 30 years, providing innovative and sustainable water & waste services to industries, governments & communities, retail and commercial businesses.
Veolia has more than 3,000 employees in the Near & Middle East and a strong regional network of ~12 offices in the UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey.
Veolia currently has over 6,000 project references of work delivered in the region, and continues to develop new projects through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes.