JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Database Administrator (DBA) will be responsible for the installation, configuration, performance, integrity and security of database systems managed by IT.
• DBA will be involved in the planning and development of the databases, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users and applications, performance fine-tuning, security management, backup management, and maintain and monitor data related jobs and services.
• DBA makes sure that data is available to users and applications, and that data is secure from unauthorized access or accidental loss or corruption.
• Responsible for the uptime of all DB Servers and related services.
AED 9,000 to 10,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Bonus, airfare, insurance
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or equivalent
• Advanced certifications are required to work as a Database Administrator. Certified in ORACLE and Microsoft Database systems is preferred
• 8+ years of working experience in IT.
• 5+ years as Database Administrator (ORACLE)
• 2+ years as Database Administrator (MS SQL and Others)
• Experience with ORACLE Cloud Infrastructure is an added advantage
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Veolia is the world's largest environmental services company.
For over 160 years, Veolia has provided public and private sectors with Water, Energy and Waste Management solutions and services which are vital to human development and sustainable growth.
With over 200,000 employees on five continents, Veolia designs practical solutions for the management (operation, treatment, distribution and/or supply) of Water, Waste and Energy. Through these three complementary activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, to preserve available resources and to renew them.
Veolia Group achieved revenues of EUR 28.5billion in 2021. (In 2020) the Veolia Group served 95mn inhabitants with drinking water, 62mn with sanitation, produced nearly 43mn MWH of energy, and recycled 47mn tonnes of waste.
Veolia aims to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation. Our goal is to build a better 21st century. We therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
VEOLIA IN THE NEAR & MIDDLE EAST
Veolia has operated in the Middle East for over 30 years, providing innovative and sustainable water & waste services to industries, governments & communities, retail and commercial businesses.
Veolia has more than 3,000 employees in the Near & Middle East and a strong regional network of ~12 offices in the UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey.
Veolia currently has over 6,000 project references of work delivered in the region, and continues to develop new projects through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes.