JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Deals, Deals Strategy & Operations - Energy, Utilities, & Resources - Manager - Dubai
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Deals Strategy & Operations Overview
Our Deals Strategy & Operations (DSO) team offers strategic advice to a broad range of stakeholders - regional and international corporates, leading private equity houses, family offices, major banks, funds, government entities, and companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions or investment opportunities. We deliver deep strategic, commercial and operational insights to help clients think through investment/divestment decisions about businesses. We advise our clients on critical operational and transformational challenges, and evaluate business plans and company strategies against market performance and competitor strength, to deliver a rigorous appraisal of a business' commercial and operational outlook. Our main focus is to deliver top strategy-led solutions to our clients.
What to consider before applying
This role requires the candidate to be based out of our Dubai office
As a Manager within the DSO team, your responsibilities will include:
- Work on transactions pre and post deals related to our Deals EUR practice
- Complete market assessments for mergers and acquisitions
- Overseeing the successful delivery of projects, which may include multiple projects at a time, while leading a team of 3-4 consultants
- Framing and understanding key client issues, client processes and mandate, defining realistic expectations for the client, team, and PwC
- Managing the client relationship on a day-to-day basis and other stakeholders
- Structuring and ensuring the development of written reports encompassing the relevant analysis, findings and recommendations
- Managing client expectations and ensuring that the scope of work, as agreed upon within the contract, is completed to PwC's standards of excellence
- Managing project budget, reporting on project costs, and managing payment collection
- Support in driving the business development agenda in a focused industry, including leading pitches and proposal work
- Contributing to the wider business unit through knowledge sharing, recruitment, mentoring, training and other activities
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a strategy consulting firm, experience in the strategy or operations department in a corporate environment, or working in an environment where the same skills have been developed
- Extensive experience in the EUR space preferably from a mix of consulting and industry
- Previous experience of leading teams and delivering projects through to completion
- Proven experience of coaching junior team members
- Evidence of contributing to a wider team and leading on business development opportunities
- The ability to build collaborative working relationships at all levels, establishing credibility both, internally with senior management, and externally with our clients
- Strong time management and organizing skills; having the ability to prioritise workload across team members while being resilient and able to cope well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Technical skills including but not limited to: financial modelling, report structuring and delivery
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Language Skills: Fluent in English. Multilingual/Arabic is a plus.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university with high scores (top 10% in class and/or above 3.7/4 CGPA)
- MBA from top business school is preferred, though not essential
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.