JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
Our Demand Planning Manager will be entrusted and empowered to take ownership of our Supply Chain organization in our journey to becoming a highly customer centric company. You will work closely with the vertical COO, their direct reports & business leaders, and cross functionally with other leaders across the organization.
To be successful, you should have the skills and experience to navigate around the different complexities and nuances of our various business segments. You will be a key member of the Supply Chain who is expected to help in our Supply Chain optimization journey.
In this regard, you will contribute in shaping our Supply Chain of the future by helping us set the right direction and priorities as well as bringing in and implementing best practices into the company.
You should be very comfortable leveraging Supply Chain Management systems to routinely handle large volumes of data and you will develop systematic and robust technology-based solutions to routinely manage our KPIs.
This role will suit someone who can influence without authority, someone who loves solving big Supply Chain problems, is intellectually curious, can get things done working cross functionally, can work with little direction, is experienced in leading within complex and nuanced business, all whilst not being overwhelmed by scale and speed.
• You will be responsible for Sales Forecasting, Demand Planning and Inventory Management & Fulfillment
• Develop and implement an effective S&OP process
• Responsible for managing suppliers and logistics service providers according to agreed SLAs
• Sales & commercial planning analysis regarding markdown and price strategies
• Product Life Cycle Management & inventory control
• Develop, measure and continuously improve our key Supply Chain Planning KPIs
• Develop analytical solutions to improve Supply Chain metrics while accelerating to take decisions on commercial planning; increase efficiency while optimization on cost structure of Supply chain
• Develop customer analytics and predictive models for improve forecast quality
• Lead the transformation of the Supply Chain Planning operation in line with or ahead of the demands of our businesses
What you'll need to succee
• Master's degree in supply chain management, Engineering, or other technical field from an accredited university
• 5+ years experience managing Supply Chain within Beauty Retail for a multi-store, multi-channel busines
• 7+ years experience leading, growing and developing large teams
• 7+ years experience negotiating with and managing external vendors
• 5+ years experience leading key Supply Chain transformation initiatives
• 3+ years working within Inventory Optimization for an FMCG company
• Experience using sophisticated Supply Chain Management systems for Sales Forecasting and Demand planning
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented with the ability to problem solve independently
• Ability to deep dive into the details and build on your own
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.