JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Chef De Cuisine and within the limits of established policies, the Demi Chef De Partie will assist in the overseeing of all aspects of the kitchen management & production.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Planning & Organizing:
- To ensure that the highest standards of food presentation and service are achieved by displaying the products to the highest standards possible, and by promoting a positive presence.
- To prepare, cook, present and assist with serving the food according to standard recipes, observing the correct portion control procedures at all times.
- To make up mise-en-place for service and for the following session according to standard recipes and levels.
- To be involved with developing the menus by putting forward ideas for production.
- To undertake training deemed necessary by your superior.
- Directs and oversees the planning of training activities for the department.
- Manage and conducts all trainings for new Heartists.
- Teaches competition techniques.
- To be able to check the quantity and quality of food and to make a list to bring up to the necessary level for the next service.
- To ensure food is correctly dated, labelled, rotated and stored.
- Be able to report substandard products, record and report the waste to your superior.
- To inform your superior of any goods required, to fill out any requisitions and hand them to superiors for signature.
- To follow the correct usage and cleaning procedures of equipment as necessary according to training.
- Oversees maintenance and handling of equipment used.
- Ensures timely reporting of malfunction or maintenance deficiencies to appropriate area.
- Summarizes Section Performance.
- Highlights achievements, problems and challenges.
- Be able to resolve customer complaints, adhering to excellent service standards, ensuring that communicate any complaint onto your superior.
- Convene meetings with his/her team at regular intervals for information purposes.
- Seeks out employees concerns and offers assistance.
- Ensuring availability of time for one-to-one interaction of Commis and Commis Pastry.
- Following procedures specified in Employee Handbook in implementing disciplinary measures.
- Prepares Duty Roster/Scheduling of team members.
- Makes recommendation on staff movements.
- Monitors performance of Commis and Commis Pastry staff and communicates this to each staff on a regular basis through one-on-one counselling.
- Effecting coaching/counselling and, if needed, disciplinary procedures when rules/standards are violated.
- Maintains the departmental bulletin board.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inTrainee Jobs in Dubai
Receptionist Jobs in Dubai
Operations Manager Jobs in Dubai