JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Design Department Assistant will collaborate closely with the Creative Director. To assist producing customer presentations, marketing materials and perform ad hoc tasks in the department. The role requires a strong artistic sense, creativity, and proficiency in graphic design software.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop illustrations and graphics that effectively communicate the desired message of the customers brand identity.
• Work together as a team to brainstorm and conceptualize ideas. Use a variety of techniques and mediums to achieve desired visual effects.
• Produce presentations for customers showcasing garment design.
• Create and design layouts for print and digital materials, such as brochures, social media graphics, and website content.
• Ensure designs are consistent with brand guidelines and standards.
• Manage multiple projects and deliver high-quality work within deadlines.
• Stay updated on design trends and industry best practices.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure effective implementation of designs.
• Any other general ad hoc duties necessary to assist the smooth and efficient running of the business through the Creative Director.
• Assist with cost saving initiatives enabling cost savings for the business.
• Assist in any relevant fashion shows and events.
• Aptitude in sound decision-making and problem-solving in pressure situations.
• Maintaining Health & Safety Standards in accordance with Municipality, Civil Defence, and industry best practice with the wider company.
• Comply with legislation and business policies, processes, and instructions, including those relating to non-discrimination, safety, and privacy.
• Take care of your own health and safety, and that of others, follow any reasonable instruction given by the business, and report any concern(s) which may give rise to danger, and/or any injury which may occur in the workplace.
• Dept. Organisation Structure/ Reporting lines
• Reports to the Creative Director.
• Person Specification
• Relevant bachelor’s degree in graphic design or Fashion Design.
• 3+ yrs. relevant experience.
• Mac and Microsoft 365 PC literate with competency in the following software illustration, graphic design software, Adobe Illustrator Suite, Photoshop, PDF Editor, Adobe InDesign, Acrobat. Video editing skills and 3D experience is also beneficial.
• Ability to listen and understand direction from the Creative Director.
• Strong artistic skills and creativity. Diligence and ability to work in a challenging environment.
• Enthusiastic about your work with an eye for detail and accuracy. Ability to prioritise work to achieve outcomes within required deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), enabling effective interaction with internal and external customers using diplomacy, discretion and tact as required in a professional work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to portray a welcoming atmosphere, friendly disposition, and helpful nature.
• Sophisticated, analytical, Initiative-taker, critical thinking skills and logically minded.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, in an effective and flexible manner.
We are enhancing our creative department, and we are looking for a Design Department Assistant to join our team.
• Recognized bachelors design degree, Proficient in illustrator, photoshop, graphic design, Microsoft 365 outlook, and Microsoft 365 software proficient.
• Penchant for imaginative, creative design, attention to detail, dynamic, self-motivated, strong communication skills, proven ability to work in a team, strong time management skills, ability to work on deadlines.
• Act as an ambassador for the company with a commitment to delivering a high level of customer service. Develop relationships, build trust with clients, understand customers’ needs and provide tailored solutions.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with the Middle East preferred.
We believe in the power of diversity, inclusion, in mutual respect and support. We are committed to ensuring that our employees work in an environment that is inclusive and that everyone is treated equally with dignity and respect. We are constantly working on creating a workplace in which you can feel at home.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Established in the UK in 1947 with expansion in the UAE from 2006 A. Ronai LLC is the Middle East distributor of some of the world’s most prestigious brands in Hospitality: Dudson, Genware, Royal Crown Derby, Bonzer, Pillivuyt, Comas and other well-known trademarks.
We carry a vast range of products in our portfolio allowing us to provide clients with an all-round solution to their front and back of house requirements. Products include crockery, flatware, bar and kitchen equipment, including specialist chef’s knives, table presentation & service options, wood, stainless steel and glassware.
More recent developments include the expansion of our own uniform brand. Created by our in-house designer and manufactured in the UAE our new “Uniforms by Ronai” catalogue features a host of bespoke garments. The collections are suitable for use in various job functions as well as the hospitality and aviation industries and they are proving extremely popular throughout the region.
It is our objective to offer an alternative supply scenario to the Middle Eastern Hospitality industry. We aim to offer fixed pricing together with a very high level of service including stock holding and a strong sales force with extensive industry knowledge. We are constantly learning and it is our hope that we become the choice supplier to the hospitality industry in the Middle East.