JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• The successful candidate must have experience working on building projects in the Middle East Region. Ideally, the successful candidate will have been responsible for managing the design process, in addition, the candidate will support the PM with Client interaction of technical design issues.
• The Design Manager will oversee the Design Brief and scope of work to ensure the design consultant(s) are delivering to the client’s requirements. When necessary, the DM will develop and assist in the processing of change requests, RFI’s, and Instructions to the sub consultants as well as;
• Review of Design Consultant/Contractor design proposals and end of design stage submissions
• Compile and review technical reports for submission.
• Collaborate with all disciplines to ensure the work is fully coordinated across the project and monitoring delivery programme
• Attend and lead regular design related issues during coordination meetings supporting the PM in weekly Project meetings with the Client.
• Facilitate the technical review of all design submissions and complete a review of related sub consultant submittals.
• Provide responses to the Client/Design Sub Consultant/Contractor’s Request for Information, TQ’s etc.
• BEng/BArch minimum in Architecture or Relevant Engineering Field
• Minimum of 7 years of post graduate experience from an Architectural background, or related engineering discipline, that includes managing multiple design projects at the same time.
• Ideally trained/registered with UK/US/Australia/Canada Architecture or Engineering related professional body
• Full Competency in Revit/Navisworks
• Preferably from Top Tier, Multi-disciplinary Design Consultancy Background
• Proven Project Delivery history in Middle East in a similar role/capacity
• Excellent Communication Skill both Verbally and Written Format.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.