JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
DESIGN & TECHNICAL MANAGER
Salary 40-50,000 AED Per Month + Flights & Medical
Are you a Design Manager based in the UAE with experience sat on sit delivering D&B Lump Sum Build Projects. Do you understand the associated risk in this arena? If you are ready to get off site and use your skills at pre-construction stage this could be for you.
Design Manager or Technical Manager that has Dubai experience on Building Projects for a Main Contractor. You will understand the life cycle of a success bid through to project completion in the United Arab Emirates.
You will understand the environment and challenges working on the main contractor side pricing Lump Sum Design & Build Projects.
Can you work under pressure, within a team and do a “deep dive” into specifications and documentations during the bidding process. On a recent award there were 521 Pages in relation to the MEP alone. You will be able to raise technical queries , comment and add value at pre-construction stage.
It could be a 400 Million Mixed Use Development consisting of 2 Towers & Podium or it could be a 1.3 Billion Healthcare & Research Facility. This business prices work across the Buildings Sector in the UAE ranging from Residential, Data, Education , Government, Healthcare & Commercial
Do you understand compliance, handover procedures, managing risk , getting into the “detail” and ensuring that you do not seeing any repeat mistakes from your career experience.
Your CV will demonstrate a sound Technical knowledge having worked for Main Contractors. You will feel that you are in a place where you are ready to step off site and add value at pre tender stage.
About the role
• This is a 5 Day working week with standard head office hrs
• Like any pre construction teams there are times when submissions need to be hit and the pressure is on
• You will be joining a forward thinking and proactive business
• You will be given all the right software, support and bidding expertise to help you within the “Pre Con Team”
• As the Design Manager working purely on Pre Construction, however there maybe times when you are asked to do site reviews and you will take a proactive and positive approach to this
• Our client has a budget of 40-50,000 AED Per Month – They will supply a bonus structure, flights , medical and a schooling allowance for up to 2 Children
AED 40,000 to 50,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: As listed within the advertisement
“Tim this is not a role for someone to learn on the job. We cannot look at fresh talent coming into the Gulf as there will just be too much of a learning curve within this post. Experience and local knowledge is absolutely critical in this role”.
The Following is essential:
• Sat in the Design Manager Engineering Manager or Technical Manager “Chair” as No1 On a Build Project in the UAE
• Strong site experience before progressing up the ladder
• Able to present to management and hold yourself in a strong way (CLEAR Communication at all TIMES)
• Ideally Degree Educated
• Strong Civil & Structural Awareness
• Able to start employment before Christmas 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At NSR we pride ourselves on market knowledge, integrity, loyalty and professionalism. Through personal relationships and knowledge of what our clients look for in specific requirements we like to pride ourselves on matching people to the right role.
The partners at NSR have always dealt with people in an open and honest manner and as a company we are driven to find the right opportunity for people enhancing their career where ever this may be worldwide.
We work on the principal that every person we deal with is a potential client, this process has proved beneficial for us as there are many people we have dealt with on the International circuit that have approached NSR Associates to recruit for them as a client after we have worked on their behalf as a candidate.