JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Our client a leading nixed disciplinary consultancy in Abu Dhabi requires a Lighting Design Manager. This role plays a vital role in ensuring that all properties within our clients portfolio offering visitors and tenants a seamless customer experience. This role is responsible for leading, managing, and coordinating the design and implementation of effective lighting solutions, for both internal and external spaces, across a range of development projects. They collaborate with architects, engineers, and project managers to ensure that lighting plans meet project specifications and timelines, manage and supervise lighting design teams, and provide technical support during installation and testing phases.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Lighting Design Manager is responsible for overseeing the planning, design, and implementation of effective Lighting systems and strategies throughout our client's portfolio. The following list outlines some of the typical roles and responsibilities of this position:
* Act as a subject matter expert on lighting design, providing technical advice and guidance to internal and external stakeholders.
* Collaborate with architects, engineers, and project managers to ensure that lighting design plans meet project specifications and timelines.
* Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop proposals and pitch presentations for new projects.
* Conduct research to stay up-to-date with the latest lighting technologies and design trends and make recommendations for their integration into project designs.
* Conduct site visits to assess lighting requirements and provide on-site support during installation and testing phases.
* Develop and implement innovative and cost-effective lighting design solutions for both indoor and outdoor spaces in accordance with project requirements and company standards.
* Develop and maintain relationships with clients, ensuring that their needs and specifications are being met throughout the project lifecycle.
* Ensure that lighting designs comply with relevant safety, environmental, and building regulations.
* Lead the development of lighting design standards, including the development of design guidelines, specifications, and best practices.
* Liaise with suppliers and contractors to ensure that lighting equipment and materials are sourced, delivered and installed as required and approved.
* Manage and supervise the work of lighting design teams, ensuring that work is completed to a high standard, on time, and within budget.
* Mentor and train junior members of the design team regarding lighting design principles, providing guidance and support as required.
* Provide technical support to project teams during installation and testing phases, ensuring that lighting systems are functioning correctly and according to approved project plans.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Suitable candidates must possess:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Lighting Design, Architecture, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
* At least 5-10 years of experience in lighting design with a proven track record of delivering successful projects.
* Continuing education in design, technology, and project management is desirable.
* A minimum of 5 years' experience in the UAE/ GCC region.
* Proficiency in the Arabic language is desirable but not mandatory.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The successful candidate for the Signage and Wayfinding Design Manager role should possess strong technical knowledge and experience, including:
* Exceptional knowledge of lighting design principles and techniques, including knowledge of lighting software such as Dialux, Relux, and AGi32.
* Demonstrated knowledge of universal lighting design principles and best practices.
* Knowledge of relevant codes, standards, and regulations related to lighting design.
* Strong working knowledge of various types of lighting systems, equipment and fixtures.
* Strong design skills and creativity, with a keen eye for detail.
* Demonstrated proficiency with industry software such as Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, and AutoCAD.
* Excellent project management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
* Excellent communication collaboration and interpersonal skills.skills for working with cross-functional teams.
* Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work independently, take initiative, and make informed decisions.
* Solid experience and background developing internal and external lighting design strategies and systems for leisure, hospitality, retail, commercial, and residential development projects at all scales.
* Passion for innovation, out-of-the-box thinking, and delivering high-quality results.
* Strong planning, organizational, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Blake Anderson is a boutique consultancy based in the UK, with a satellite office in Dubai. Specialising in Technical and Construction Recruitment, Blake Anderson provides a superior service to clients and candidates within the construction and technical sectors.
We concentrate on placing professionals throughout the world, focusing mainly on the Middle East and Asia, drawing on both the global and local markets for highly qualified professionals. In order to attract the best talent, we invest in various high-end advertising mediums.
With a database of 1,000's of candidates, our experienced consultants have a wealth of recruitment knowledge and have a consultative approach at all times, ensuring a second to none service.