JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
HOTELS: SOFITEL DUBAI the obelisk
JOB TITLE: Director, Learning And development
REPORTING TO: Director, Talent and Culture
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
SOFITEL DUBAI the obelisk
We are excited to find the next Heartist® as Director, Learning & Development to join this iconic landmark, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk.
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk has a striking Obelisk shape and infuses Sofitel's French essence with an artistic balance of modernism and ancient Egypt. Featuring 498 rooms and suites starting from 44 sqm and 97 serviced apartments, the property offers five dining concepts, Sofitel Spa, an outdoor pool with private cabanas, 10 meeting venues and one ballroom.
To assist Director of HR to monitor and analyze employees training needs, oversee and implement all brand specific, corporate, hotel and departmental training programs and to implement strategies for organizational development of Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk. This role requires a truly passionate hotelier with great understanding of ultra-luxury, attention to detail and an engaging and inspiring presence.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting Training needs analysis for the hotel.
- Assist in the creation, implementation and facilitation of a Hotel Training Plan and budget that is aligned with the hotel's goals and strategic plan
- Initiate, co-ordinate, execute and follow-up on all training activities within the hotel
- Ensure coordination and delivery of training programs of all internal providers
- Champion company provided online and e-learning tools and portals, ensuring approval processes are in place and executed, as well as registrations and completions are monitored and tracked
- Assist each department in developing quality introductory and ongoing departmental training plans and learning activities; maintain active follow-up through on-going coaching, guidance and support of junior-, mid-level- and senior leaders
- Provide support and development of Departmental Trainers as required
- Design and Implement effective processes and tools for learning evaluation and reporting
- Actively initiate relationships and partnerships with industry associations, external training companies and academic counsels related to the hospitality industry
- Negotiate, oversee and follow up on learning facilitated by external providers
- Update training information in employee HR System, maintain accurate records of activities and participant information
- Maintain an ongoing Training Calendar to ensure learning resources and opportunities are maximized
- Prepare monthly forecasts of training related expenses
- Participate in regional meetings / workshops and ensure such activities are rolled out as required in the hotel
- Develop and manage a central internal resource library of videos/books/magazines that can be utilized by all colleagues
- Assisting with general support for HR office (including front counter, benefits and recruiting) and participate and assist in other projects as required
- Champion all Employee Engagement (EES) activities, Committee related initiatives including monthly recognition, Committee Meetings and Team Gatherings
- Drive engagement and culture throughout the hotel.
- Develop and conduct training activities for Management and selected colleagues
- Develop and conduct trainings to build a base of internal quality assessors
- To facilitate organizational committees for quality improvement
- To design and implement succession planning frameworks for all departments
- Coaching and Mentoring of high potential colleagues as guided by Director, Talent & Culture and General Manager
- Developing and implementing organizational improvement strategies to drive Employee Engagement and EQ leadership style.
- Oversee Quality Manager tasks and ensure Customer Metrix Meetings are prepared and follow up actions taken
- Active involvement and follow up of Leading Quality Assurance Action Plans
- Solid communication skills, both written & verbal
- Engaging presence
- Warm and inviting style of presentation
- A confident & dynamic public speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organization
- Enthusiastic and positive personality; effective leader and team player, possessing a high degree of professionalism and sound human resources management capabilities
- Strong organizational skills, works well on their own, able to set and meet deadlines with quality results
- Degree in Hotel/Human Resources Management or its equivalent
- Certificate or Diploma in L&D practice
- Working knowledge of Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint & Publisher
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in the Hospitality Industry, with minimum of two years in a Leadership role
- Human Resources experience a definite asset
- Interaction Management, MBTI, FranklinCovey facilitator an asset
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inSenior Project Manager Jobs in Dubai
Construction Manager Jobs in Dubai
Project Director Jobs in Dubai