JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
- Director of recreation is responsible for the establishment and execution of clear short term and long-term goals to ensure colleague satisfaction, guest satisfaction, financial success, health and safety and environmental stewardship of recreation department. Director of recreation is responsible for the daily leadership of recreation operations such as kids club, gym, swimming pool & beach, ensuring all productivity and expense controls.
- To ensure the delivery of the best Recreational standards for the guests.
- Operating costs are efficiently controlled within department
- Activity class programs are successfully conducted on a regular basis including; Personal training, Yoga.
- Ensure cleanliness of all recreation spaces and coordinate with housekeeping teams accordingly.
- To establish policies and standards of the Recreation Department in the hotel and ensure adherence to at all times.
- Monitor and coordinate operational responsibilities of recreation team members
- Carry out necessary audits in the department and complete daily inspections.
- Anticipate guests needs and acknowledge and responds immediately to guests concerns.
- Possess full knowledge of emergency procedures and adhere to hotel requirements for internal or external guest accidents and emergencies.
- Should have knowledge and understanding of the physical operation of the Health Club, Swimming pools.
- Fully aware and work in accordance with the Standard Operating procedures, normal Operating procedures and Emergency action plan for the department.
- Comply with the guidelines and policies established in the Colleague Handbook, Business Code of Conduct and Ethics policy, hotel's regulations on fire, hygiene, health and safety
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene as per the hotel's grooming standards at all times.
- Participate in all Human Resources and Learning & Development related initiatives, including but not limited to recruitment, job chats, performance dialogues, learning initiatives, colleague reward and recognition programs.
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- Maintain inventory of supplies for the operations of the recreation department
- Maintain accurate records as required by hotel and government regulations.
- Lead weekly/monthly facility operations departmental communications meeting.
Health & Safety
- Follow and ensure that all recreation employees follow all safety procedures and practices.
- Adhere to facility operations departmental emergency procedures/safety manual.
- Ensure all departments adhere to all safety practices of Raffles the Palm.
- They comply with the hotel's Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety procedures at all times
- Fully responsible in implementing and monitoring all Health and Safety related procedures, supervise maintenance of all check lists in all Recreation areas.
- Identify hazards and maintenance requirements in the workplace
- Drive and encourage a healthy work environment, focusing on employee's satisfaction and productivity.
- Ensure operations department maintains a positive relationship with all departments in the recreation and hotel.
- Have a complete understanding of and adhere to the recreation policy relating to safety.
- Well versed in all recreation operations
- Ensure Colleagues adhere to all recreation standards as stated in the employee handbook.
- Maintain a good rapport and working relationship with colleagues in the department and all other departments.
- Ensure the facility is in peak condition at all times (operations and cleanliness).
- Ensure Guest/Member satisfaction at all times by ensuring that safety and service is always the first priority.
- Monitor and ensure the compliance of services delivered to the guests and make changes to improve operations if it is required.
- Ensure a proper training plan of colleagues is conducted, to ensure the highest levels of guest service
- Minimum 2-year experience in Recreation Manager or Director of recreation role within the hospitality industry.
- Lifeguard leadership experience
- First Aider/ CPR - First responder
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.