JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Position : Director of Revenue
Department : Revenue & Reservations
Reports to : General Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Revenue is responsible for working with the Revenue Management team in determining strategic goals and tactical efforts, which drive revenue to the hotel. The Director of Revenue is then responsible for ensuring that inventory allocation and pricing parameters are positioned to support the overall revenue goals of the hotel. This role serves as the objective decision maker that ensures the best interest of profitability is served in the overall hotel as well as ensuring the integrity of rates and long-term customer investment.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maximizes hotel RevPAR through a thorough understanding of all booking channels and management of inventory and rate therein.
- Continuous analysis of changing channel distribution models and the impact on consumer booking trends.
- Produce and analyze current and historical demand including lost business turndown, rooms on the books, competitive set and market trends to aid in more accurate forecasting.
- Liaise with Group and Business Sales Managers, Reservations and Front Office to ensure yield and revenue management principles are understood and followed.
- Operationalizes hotel and corporate pricing strategies through definition and management of rate levels, stay restrictions and other tactics, which are congruent with demand factors and which are managed through all distribution channels.
- With rate integrity a cornerstone of our pricing strategy, the Director of Revenue will maintain rates which promote integrity and which protect the order of long-term customer value.
- Works with Director of Sales and Director of Marketing to determine effective and engaging rate offers (packages) which are then offered in to the right customer in the right channel.
- Monitors transient, group and tour booking pace in order to determine pricing and availability controls for all reservation distribution sources. Discusses changes to, and implements those changes in distribution plan accordingly.
- Develops fundamentals and provides guidelines to maximize revenues related to the sale of catering events, function space and all other revenue streams at the Hotel.
- Completes all rooms and revenue forecasting to accurately project unconstrained demand using Demand Analysis Strategy (DAS).
- Works with Director of Sales and Sales Team members to encourage strategic selection of the right piece of business.
- Tracking and analysis of competitive set pricing and yield strategies, gaining the ability to predict the comp set reaction to changes in the marketplace.
- Conduct regular audits of GDS, SellWeb, MFR, Hotel Internet Site, IMM and ODD sites to ensure accuracy in hotel information, rates, packages and availability.
- Plays an active role in the Strategic Planning, Marketing Plan and budgeting processes.
- Chairs and prepares materials for the weekly Revenue Management Meetings and follows the Raffles guidelines for meeting content.
- Prepares timely revenue summaries as required by the Revenue Management Team.
- Provides guided learning so that all areas of the hotel that impact revenue are fully aware of the hotel Revenue Management strategies and understand their role in the plan.
- Adhere to all Raffles Environmental and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Provides training to Reservations and Front Desk employees on upselling and negotiating techniques.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Strategic thinking combined with the proven ability to move strategy to action are foremost attributes.
- Proven experience in analysis and problem solving required.
- Team building skills and proven track record is essential.
- Self-study and independent work ethics are required.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities under time constraints is key to the success of this individual.
- Strong experience or adaptable training in the use of automated systems, PCs and office products, e.g. Excel, Word.
- Knowledge of Raffles PMS and Sales software an asset.
- Degree/Diploma in Hotel Management.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar leadership role, in the Revenue / Reservations / Sales function of a luxury hotel or resort.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.