JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Providing water, energy and waste management solutions since 160 years, Veolia offers public authorities and industries with a range of water, energy and waste management services vital to human development and sustainable growth in 48 countries around the world.
We continue to adapt and innovate in step with economic growth and human development by designing and implementing solutions that will have a positive impact on the environment and resources. Our goal is to build a better 21st century, we therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
In the Middle East, Veolia works with industries, governments and communities, retail and commercial businesses, to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions that are needed today, with the vision required for tomorrow. Through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes, Veolia is committed to achieving quantifiable results with sustainable, pragmatic solutions.
• More than 1,300 employees in the Middle East (in addition to the 2,000 for Enova which reports directly to Veolia AMO, for Facility Management and energy Efficiency contracts in the ME)
• A strong local network with 12 offices across the region grouped in 3 geographies (UAE, Oman - Qatar and KSA, Bahrain, Kuwait)
• 30 years of sustainable partnerships
• More than 6,000 references
• Behavior promoting security and safety is the prime responsibility of all Veolia employees, and it cannot be overruled by any specific mission related to the position. And the right mindset of continuous improvement is part of the commitment of all employees.
Health & Safety:
• Complying with the Health & Safety procedures, including wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) as and when required is compulsory for all employees, and meeting local regulations related to Health.
• Participating in toolbox talks, reporting incidents and near misses are also part of the missions to ensure the safety of other employees and participating into a safe behavior that Veolia ME is promoting in every site
• Complying with Veolia Group Values; Responsibility, Community Spirit, Respect, Innovation and Customer Focus.
• Taking initiative by always acting in a professional and ethical manner to represent Veolia in a courteous, helpful and business-like behaviour.
• Maintain an uncompromised level of confidentiality and integrity related to all Veolia’s information and operations in general including all corporate policies and procedures.
Ethics and Compliance:
• Complying to the Ethics Guide of the group, by presenting the values that Veolia wishes to promote internally, as a point of reference for ethical behavior.
• An instrument to guide behavior and a tool for internal cohesion, which also aims to foster trust in relationships with stakeholders.
• Our values as well as the rules of conduct and actions that stem from them are part of the general requirement for compliance, which aims to prevent legal and reputational risks.
• The Middle-East comprises multiple countries with complex political situations, which can generate some risk to the security of the employees and their relatives.
• An appropriate behaviour, in line with the local habits and culture is required, along with the strict compliance on security procedures when travelling to a country that has a certain level of risk.
• An employee can expose himself or the company to very large risk if he does not comply with cyber security policy.
• This Cyber Security is at the heart of the IT strategy with the SATAWAD (Safe AnyTime AnyWhere Any Device) strategy, for which the commitment of each employee is key
• Being the world leader in environment services brings high expectations from clients, partners and customers.
• Such expectations can only be fulfilled with the right mindset of continuous improvement.
• It is through the attentive sight of each employee and their willingness to make things more efficient, better for the environment or with positive societal impact that we can strengthen our position of leader.
• Digital is one of the main pillars of the strategy of Veolia, to enhance the capabilities of our employees.
• Also, the level of digitalisation of the companies can significantly impact the satisfaction of the employees and clients, as such, having digitally minded employees is key to remain attractive in the market.
• This appetite to resource the world is what makes us #Resourcer.
Purpose and scope:
• The Document Controller is responsible to provide day-to-day administration of quality document control and records management support to ensure program-wide compliance with regulatory and security requirements.
• They must perform their duties safely and in compliance with procedures and protocols. The Document Controller reports to the Project Manager.
The project is an integrated industrial hazardous waste treatment complex (capacity 66,000 tons per year, 200 FTE) in Ruwais, in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, UAE. The complex is already operational and consists of two main facilities: the Hazardous Waste Treatment Facility at BeAAT (capacity 60,000 tons per year and includes thermal desorption unit, deoiling tricanter, stabilisation unit, Class I and II landfills, PCT, mercury treatment unit, and incineration lines) and the Natural Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) Treatment Facility (new decontamination facility, capacity 6,500 tons per year and includes systems for high pressure water descaling, incineration and encapsulation of ashes).
• Establish a systematic and comprehensive Project Filing System
• Process and record accurately all technical documentation in accordance with agreed procedures and ensure agreed procedures satisfy project, client and regulatory requirements
• Independently handle all aspects of Project documentation utilizing various document control practices and Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS)
• Handle design, vendor, and execution (construction and commissioning) documents
• Monitor progress of in-house reviews of technical data
• Ensure that hard copy and electronic record files as required are maintained in good order
• Contribute to compilation of final project dossiers, as built portfolios and archiving
• Produce exception reports, comment overdue reports and any other reports for Project Management review
• Undertake other tasks as required by the project manager
• Ensure good record keeping and document control and that final documentation is in an organised and presentable manner in accordance with the needs of the O&M Team
• Prepare and present clear and concise technical reports to management.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all Company’s staff, contractors and the client representative.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Business Admin or a related discipline
Experience and skills:
• 5+ years of document control experience in Construction & Industrial plants
• Experience in a similar role and familiarization with waste treatment and incineration plant operational management is preferred.
• Possess a good understanding of project Document Control System requirements
• Great analytical and math skills
• Excellent computer literacy with experience in Google Suite (Microsoft Office is a plus)
• A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail required
• Able to work in a team setting.
• Fluent in English is a must
• Fluent in Other languages is a plus
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Veolia is the world's largest environmental services company.
For over 160 years, Veolia has provided public and private sectors with Water, Energy and Waste Management solutions and services which are vital to human development and sustainable growth.
With over 200,000 employees on five continents, Veolia designs practical solutions for the management (operation, treatment, distribution and/or supply) of Water, Waste and Energy. Through these three complementary activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, to preserve available resources and to renew them.
Veolia Group achieved revenues of EUR 28.5billion in 2021. (In 2020) the Veolia Group served 95mn inhabitants with drinking water, 62mn with sanitation, produced nearly 43mn MWH of energy, and recycled 47mn tonnes of waste.
Veolia aims to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation. Our goal is to build a better 21st century. We therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
VEOLIA IN THE NEAR & MIDDLE EAST
Veolia has operated in the Middle East for over 30 years, providing innovative and sustainable water & waste services to industries, governments & communities, retail and commercial businesses.
Veolia has more than 3,000 employees in the Near & Middle East and a strong regional network of ~12 offices in the UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey.
Veolia currently has over 6,000 project references of work delivered in the region, and continues to develop new projects through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes.