JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
You will be responsible to provide an excellent and consistent level of service to your customers. The Doorman is responsible to contribute to the smooth and efficient running of the Concierge within the Rooms Division.
To cordially greet all arriving and departing guests and open the hotel doors for them as well as help them out off/into their car or taxi.
- To ensure that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- To assist guests to check-in and checkout and to carry their luggage to or from their rooms, where necessary
- To maintain good traffic flows and keep the driveway free of traffic and accessible for the incoming vehicles at all times.
- To assist in the receipt and delivery of packages, flowers or other items.
- To provide efficient and detailed information regarding sightseeing, museums, shopping etc.
- To work closely with the Bell Attendants, Guest Service Officers and Parking Attendants (Elite Parking) to ensure smooth efficient guest service in the foyer, lobby and luggage room.
- To make sure that the storeroom for the luggage is well kept at all times.
- To help unload luggage from vehicles, ensuring all luggage items are clearly labeled.
- To park or move cars and vehicles whenever necessary.
- To carry luggage from the Bell Desk to the front door when needed
- To handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
Ideally with a relevant degree or diploma in Hospitality or Tourism management. Minimum 2 years work experience hotel operations. Good customer service, communications and interpersonal skills are a must. UAE Driving License a must.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.