JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
1) Drilling Supervisor (Day)
2) Drilling Supervisor (Night)
Drilling Supervisor represents the client at the well site, in dealing with and overseeing the safety and daily operations of the drilling contractors engaged in drilling and completion of a well.
Key responsibility / Activities / Accountabilities
• Ensures adequate control and supervision for safe and efficient operations in accordance with approved Drilling Program, established company practices and procedures, applicable laws and government rules and regulations.
• Responsible for implementation of site specific HSE requirements in liaison with Drilling Contractor HSE. Active participation in HSE meeting and campaigns.
• Develops written instructions to the contractor OIM/Toolpusher and to service companies for work required and monitors the operations to ensure compliance.
• Prepare and distribute the look ahead plan for each well.
• Monitors the rig activity and coordinates plans with Logistic team for the timely arrival and departure of personnel, materials, equipment and services at the rig.
• Issues instructions in emergency situations. Conducts emergency drills, BOP drills, etc. as often as deemed necessary.
• Ensures all tools and equipment gets inspect for size and pressure rating on arrival at the rig site. Assures that the proper tools and back-ups, if required, are available on location and ready for use. Ensures that every piece of equipment in the hole is properly measured and that the drill string length is accurately known.
• Inspects the drilling contractor and service providers equipment frequently to assure that it is being maintained in accordance with terms and conditions of the contract. Discusses with the contractor the actions required to correct problems and follows up on the corrective action.
• Recommends ways to reduce cost and improve safety.
• Update daily cost report of wellsite expenditures.
• Ensures that the operations are properly documented on the Daily Drilling Report. Prepares transfer documents, receiving documents, LOT spreadsheet / graphs, casing and cementing reports, pressure tests, cementing plug reports, casing tallies, BHAs, etc to ensure accurate well records.
• Participates in the investigations of accidents, incidents and equipment failures that occur on wellsite.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or 20 years+ in similar positions.
• Diploma certificate
• 10+ Years relevant experience in Drilling & Completion Operations.
• Previous experience with H2S
• Previous experience in UAE
• Previous experience Offshore in jackups rigs.
• Experience with completion and DST / well testing operations.
Skills and Competencies
• IWCF, Bosiet, H2S, Medical certificate.
• Openwells of similar software for DDR.
• Communication skills
• This position reports to Drilling Team Leader. (Superintendent)
• Nature of work environment: (include hours, location, requirement of travel etc.)
• Position is based at the rig site on rotation schedule 28x28 days.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Adecco Group is the world’s leading talent advisory and solutions company. We proudly make a difference in the working lives of 3.5 million people every year. Our culture is entrepreneurial and inclusive, and we are united by our passion for making a difference in the world of work. We work with over 100,000 organizations in 60 countries, enabling their success. We have 35,000 people working with us across more than 60 countries and territories.
Adecco has been rapidly growing in the Middle East since 2008, developing a substantial footprint throughout the region. We work across 250 different clients, Adecco has more than 62 full time employees, working in 4 offices, servicing all countries across the GCC region. We offer Temporary Staffing, Permanent Placement, Executive Search, Assessments, Visa And Payroll, Outsourcing, PRO Solutions customised as per client requirements. Adecco Middle East Head Office is based in Dubai with a branch at Abu Dhabi.