JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
You will be responsible for the efficient running of the department in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations. The Duty Manager is responsible for supporting Assistant Manager Front Office / Front Office Manager for all operational aspects of the Front Office Department.
• Ideally with a university degree or diploma in Hospitality or Tourism management.
• Minimum 2 years work experience as Team Leader or Duty Manager.
• Good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must.
• Fluency in spoken and written English required.
• Strong interpersonal skills, good problem solving and administrative skills, and high competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint systems.
• Working experience with Opera is must.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.