JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Purpose and Scope:
An engineering manager is responsible for ensuring that key projects and engineering duties are fulfilled while responsible for solving any engineering issue that comes up in the project. They must perform their duties safely and in compliance with procedures and protocols.
• Review the general Plant design and develop the necessary standards, technical specifications, and relevant procedures
• Perform Quality Control checks on the works of the Design consultant
• Set a methodology for coordination between engineering disciplines, and ensure its implementation
• Coordinate between package vendors and design team and ensure a systematized integration in the design
• Reviews PFD’s and P&IDs based on project specifications.
• Plans work for the department including assigning work to other engineers.
• Coordinate with multiple teams: vendors, design, construction, commissioning and other consultants.
• Establish and implement a design quality control plan.
• Oversee project environmental regulation compliance.
• Ensure Modification control processes are implemented
• Attend or ensure attendance of the skilled people from his department or from the group experts at design review, Hazop and other technical meetings
• Ensure good record keeping and document control and that final documentation is in an organized and presentable manner in accordance with the needs of the O&M Team
• Prepare and present clear and concise technical reports to management.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all Company’s staff, contractors and the client representative.
• Analyze operational and technical problems and solve, implement solutions accurately
• Delegate work to and manage his/her Team members
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering Management or a related discipline (MSc Degree is a plus)
Experience and Skills:
• 8+ years of experience in Industrial Engineering and Design management
• Experience in a similar role and familiarization with waste treatment and incineration plant operational management is preferred. Previous experience in Power Generation or similar processes is an asset.
• Experience in Brownfield Construction Projects is a plus
• Great analytical and math skills
• Strong IT skills
• Able to work in a team setting.
• Able to perform physical activities related to their duties
• Fluent in English is a must
• Fluent in Other languages is a plus
• Brownfield Construction Projects: 5 years (Preferred)
• Waste treatment and incineration plant operational: 5 years (Preferred)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Veolia is the world's largest environmental services company.
For over 160 years, Veolia has provided public and private sectors with Water, Energy and Waste Management solutions and services which are vital to human development and sustainable growth.
With over 200,000 employees on five continents, Veolia designs practical solutions for the management (operation, treatment, distribution and/or supply) of Water, Waste and Energy. Through these three complementary activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, to preserve available resources and to renew them.
Veolia Group achieved revenues of EUR 28.5billion in 2021. (In 2020) the Veolia Group served 95mn inhabitants with drinking water, 62mn with sanitation, produced nearly 43mn MWH of energy, and recycled 47mn tonnes of waste.
Veolia aims to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation. Our goal is to build a better 21st century. We therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
VEOLIA IN THE NEAR & MIDDLE EAST
Veolia has operated in the Middle East for over 30 years, providing innovative and sustainable water & waste services to industries, governments & communities, retail and commercial businesses.
Veolia has more than 3,000 employees in the Near & Middle East and a strong regional network of ~12 offices in the UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey.
Veolia currently has over 6,000 project references of work delivered in the region, and continues to develop new projects through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes.