JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Executive Assistant is responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the office by providing effective administrative support and professional secretarial services.
Responsibilities and duties
- Arranging and coordinating appointments and travel,
- Arranging a variety of meetings and special events on behalf of the team
- Prioritizing correspondence addressed to the Executive Director / CIO, referring issues and inquiries to relevant personnel at EIA for information, response or follow-up, ensuring specific issues receive immediate attention
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the Executive Director/ CIO
- Maintains orderly files and accurate records, retrieving information as required
- Maintain the budget/accounts for the department ensuring accuracy
- Writing and keeping custody of minutes of meeting and all follow ups on action items.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Organizing and attending meetings and ensuring the Executive Director/ CIO is well prepared for meetings
- Carrying out specific projects and research;
- Supporting the team and any projects or establishments that comes under the department
- Perform other duties as assigned by Line Manager
- Drafting external communications (English and Arabic)
- Translating documents
- Covering the CEO Office as required
- Maintaining online records and systems as required
- High School Diploma essential; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 7 years experience, reporting to a senior executive level position
- Competent computer literacy and the ability to use word processing and spreadsheet software packages in the Microsoft environment
- Fluent in English, fluency in Arabic an advantage
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Emirates Investment Authority (EIA) is the only Sovereign Wealth Fund of the Federal Government of the United Arab Emirates. Established in 2007, the EIA has actively sought unique investment opportunities locally, regionally and internationally, focusing on investing in asset classes that will help strengthen and diversify the UAE economy.
Its primary directive is to manage the sovereign wealth of the UAE by investing in a diversified portfolio of assets in key economic sectors and industries with the aim of delivering sustained financial gains for the UAE.