JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant (EA) provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The EA serves as the primary point of contact for all internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the office of the CEO. The EA also organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts and oversees special projects. The EA must be creative and enjoy working in a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community-oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The EA will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. The EA will need to be a quick learner and become proactive in identifying and solving issues before they become constraints or problems. The EA will need to develop a solid understanding of the CEO's vision, objectives, and responsibilities and enable the fulfilment of these in a flawless and seamless manner. The EA will engage with extremely high-profile personalities within the public and private sectors and will need to always demonstrate exceptionally high professionalism and a positive/can-do/problem-solving attitude.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Completes a variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active (and constantly evolving) calendar of appointments; completing expense reports and maintaining appropriate records; ordering and maintaining office supplies; ensuring file and document organization based on appropriate protocols in an efficient manner; maintaining petty cash balance in a diligent manner; composing and preparing correspondence that is often confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides gatekeeper and gateway role, creating win-win solutions for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with relevant stakeholders on matters related to the CEO's priorities and initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive and confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a barometer having a sense of the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters, personal correspondence, reports, meeting notes, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Communication, Partnerships and Outreach
- Ensures that the CEO's bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general.
- Edits and completes first draft for written communications to external stakeholders.
- Works with the relevant professionals in coordinating the CEO's outreach activities.
- Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Edits all, and creates acknowledgment letters from the CEO to donors.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong work tenure: 7 to 8 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat
- Diploma in Secretarial practices would be an advantage
- Candidates on own visa and immediately available to join
About Retail Business Group:
Retail Business Group (RBG) is an organisation that aims to promote cooperation among retailers in Dubai, serve common interests, and improve transparency within the sector. RBG addresses common concerns of members and retailers in the Emirate, raising industry standards, sharing best business practices, as well as organising and supporting retail-related events. The group also liaises and coordinates the calendar of sales and promotions with the Dubai Shopping Festival Office and the Department of Economy and Tourism, throughout the calendar year.
The Retail Business Group is led by the Steering Committee, which is joined by the Al Tayer Group, Apparel Group, Azadea, Chalhoub Group, Dubai Duty Free, Giordano, Lals Group, Landmark Group, and Seddiqi Holdings.
***please apply only if you are in Dubai and available to meet in person***
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Retail Business Group was developed to aid and support retailers and other business owners as a whole to enjoy better processes in the retail industry. Founded under the umbrella of Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Retail Business Group is a not for profit body focusing exclusively on the retail sector. Its core focus is to shape the interests of the U.A.E. retail industry in an effective manner as we understand the challenges faced by small business owners from the point of manufacture to the point of delivery of finished products to the customer.
The retail sector is the second largest in the U.A.E. economy. The industry had a current reported size of over AED 196 Billion in 2017 and a projected growth rate of 3%. With high levels of employment, its growth continues to be one of the foundational elements for the country.
Retail Business Group (RBG) works with multiple stakeholders within the sector to drive a continuous process of improvement within the retail industry. Our member companies consist of some of the U.A.E.’s leading and most renowned brands and business groups.