JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
* A fantastic opportunity to work with a large multinational conglomerate heading up one of their major divisions which is the food distribution arm of the organisation.
* Must have a collaborative management style with the ability to build partnerships with Logistics Operations Group and key Finance & Category stakeholders to effectively influence and drive business performance, budgeting & cost controlling efficiency.
* The candidate must be working currently for a food distribution or FMCG organization in GCC, working closely with Logistics Operations Leadership Team, Integrated Supply Chain Management Leadership Team, and Financial Planning & Reporting Team.
* Responsible to consolidate all the logistics activities (Warehousing, Freight Forwarding, Transportation and Workshop) into
* Business Units cost bridges provided to the categories each month for actuals and reforecasts.
* Responsible for maintaining general ledger file and associated reports and verifying accuracy of certain account balances.
* Ensure accuracy and timeliness of information processed from subsystems. Update subsystem information into the G/L on a regular basis.
* Work closely on Oracle systems and its implementations for the 3PL business from scratch to completion
* Review journal entries and post at month end.
* Provide monthly financial statements or reports to GM-Finance and CEO.
* Analyze and summarize detail transactions for each bank accounts.
* Provide detail information to corporate for intercompany netting payments each month.
* Provide Inter-Company reconciliations to group companies at month end. Run Balance Sheet for chief accountant to enter intercompany balances into financials intercompany module
* Review and approve Intercompany Receivables into Netting System each month
* Complete monthly sales worksheet at month end.
* Update Freight, warehousing, transportation and workshops reports at month end.
* Ensure that freight, warehousing and transportation charges are being properly billed to customers.
* Ensure all backup for invoicing, payables, and payroll are reviewed before payments processing
* Reviewing Job Orders as and when requested for capital and operational expenditure projects.
* This position has the responsibility and authority to perform all job-related quality activities as defined in this job description and in the specific related procedures and work instructions.
* This position has the authority to stop action on work until concerns are resolved and to initiate and / or participate in identifying and implementing actions to correct existing and prevent future occurrences.
* Understand monthly/quarterly actuals and key drivers of past performance and provide insightful inputs for process improvements
* Manage forecast process including monthly/quarterly updates and annual plans
* Finance expert for transportation cost model, work with cross functional team to build annual budget/reforecasts in tool
* Prepares consolidation, close, and financial reports and liaises with external auditors
* Work on key financial projects that drive the improvement, including but not limited cost analysis models and capital projects
* Develop Performance measures and indicators to understand, quantify and communicate risks and opportunities.
* Lead the Logistics and Transportation annual and long-term planning process
* Support GM Finance to enhance and improve of planning, budgeting & reporting process
* Support cost saving initiatives reviews to provide transparency and accountability
* Identify opportunities for improvement and cost savings
* Business degree in Accounting or Finance
* 10 or more years of Accounting & finance experience
* 5 or more years of Transportation, Logistics, warehousing Operations support Experience
* 4 or more years working in a matrix organization supporting cross-functional business partners
* Adaptability - responds resourcefully to new demands and challenges
* Strong analytical, critical thinking, listening and communication skills
* Self-motivated, confident, results oriented, strong financial acumen
* Ability to influence without authority, collaborate and interact with all levels
* Advance excel skills
Salary & Benefits
* 55,000 AED per month
* Private medical insurance
* Annual flights
* Family package
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.