JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
G4S is currently looking for an experienced Finance Manager. Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring general accounting practices, developing internal accounting controls, improving finance business processes and building a strong financial team. He/she will play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company as well as in the daily management of the main finance stream.
Accountabilities include (but not limited to) the following:
• Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure that there is a redundant process backup in place for every critical operation
• Create new internal accounting corporate policies and maintain existing policies
• Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability
• Develop monthly and quarterly accounting reports for the management and executive teams
• Implement and monitor the month, quarter and year-end closeout accounting schedules
• Business processes improvements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
• 5+ years’ experience as a certified public accountant
• Big 4 experience would be a plus
• 5+ years’ experience in an accounting leadership role
• Exceptional leadership abilities
• Strong accounting and financial analysis skills required
• Hands-on approach
• Shared Service Center organization knowledge
ABOUT THE COMPANY
G4S UAE is the largest and fastest growing total security solutions provider. This rapidly growing list of products and services, along with the company's global backing, means that we are uniquely placed to provide quality security solutions throughout the United Arab Emirates.
G4S was the first security company in the UAE to start the detailed work to apply for, and achieve, accreditation to ISO 9001:2008. This involved the identification of all key processes and their documentation to form part of the Quality Manual and the Company was awarded the certificate early March 2003. Our Quality Management System is based on functional responsibilities and objectives being clearly defined to support the fundamental management principal that it is the responsibility of every individual in the organisation to deliver quality service to our customers. We are committed to maintaining the Quality Management System. The key strategic objective is to achieve continuous improvement and innovation in all aspects of our business process.