JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
A new position of Finance Manager is currently required by a global company based in Sharjah. Therefore, it is essential that you can commit to the daily commute and have possession of your own vehicle to do so. This new client to Irwin & Dow is a professional services organisation focusing on design services to the retail and F&B industry. With global projects for instantly recognizable brands in the USA, Europe, Middle East and Asia, the organisation relies on the commitment of its employees to foster an autonomous and motivated work force, where each individual takes responsibility for their contribution and remains committed to the overall profitability and positive working environment.
• In this role you will support and develop a small team and oversee the day-to-day financial cycle including reconciliations, balance sheets, AR, AP, cash flow, analysis, forecasting, aged debt monitoring, VAT filing and audit preparation.
• As the Finance Manager you will also develop strong relationships with suppliers to negotiate payments terms and work closely with the external auditors to ensure full compliance and best practices are implemented in order to minimize risk.
• As the organization takes on projects you will assist the Project Managers to review client contracts, ensuring the best interests of the company are maintained though agreeable payment terms and support the clients with any escalated finance queries.
• All information is managed via the Sage ERP and exposure of this is a distinct advantage.
• Regular reports will be provided to the Finance Director to assist in the senior team to make future decisions for the company and the projects and clients it undertakes. Therefore, some project accounting is also required and a strong emphasis with attention to detail and budget analysis.
• This position would suit an experienced Finance Manager seeking autonomy in their role and to continue to develop a team of Accountants.
• You should have additional finance qualifications and a minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar finance management position.
• You will be a critical thinker, able to analyse financial information down to the last detail, work to IFRS protocols and be experienced in all financial functions including VAT through to end of year audit.
• With excellent communication skills you will be part of a great working environment that fosters accountability and trust in its employees.
• It is also expected that once you are settled into the role there will be flexibility to adopt a hybrid working model of both office and work from home capabilities.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Irwin & Dow was established in 2013 to provide clients with a unique and highly personalised recruitment service, providing the very top calibre of candidates across the business support and secretarial function.
We provide a refreshing approach, working in close partnership with clients and candidates across diverse industry sectors; large MNC’s, government & semi -government entities, SME’s, local businesses and in the start-up and UHNWI support framework.
Great people equal great success: all our candidates are interviewed personally by a member of the team, and we develop longstanding and in-depth relationships with our clients, understanding their corporate culture and goals to ensure a successful outcome for both parties.
Our values of discretion and diplomacy are paramount, and we are pleased to be a partner of choice for clients and candidates.