JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Robert Half is working exclusively with a Media company based in Dubai. Due to an internal move my client is looking to recruit a Financial Controller who will oversee the business across the Middle East region.
You will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations of an organization and ensuring that financial reporting is accurate, timely, and complies with relevant laws and regulations. A Finance Controller will manage external audit for the company and assist with internal controls and compliance for the Group. Accountable for independently evaluating and verifying an organization's financial records and reporting to ensure that they are accurate, complete, and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations. This can include tasks such as reviewing accounting treatments as per IFRS, updating internal controls and preparing audit reports.
* A Finance Controller is responsible for overseeing the financial operations of an organization and ensuring that financial reporting is accurate, timely, and complies with relevant laws and regulations.
* Manage external audit for the company and assist with internal controls and compliance for the Group.
* Preparation of financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements. Ensuring Revenue recognition and projects' profitability is IFRS compliant.
* Contributing to the budgeting and forecasting process
* Analyzing financial data to identify trends and make recommendations for improving financial performance.
* Maintain internal controls to protect the organization's assets and ensure financial reporting accuracy.
* Make adjustments following internal financial audits to ensure that financial processes are operating effectively and efficiently.
* Collaborating with other departments to ensure that financial information is accurate and up to date.
* Ensuring that the organization's financial reporting is compliant with all relevant laws, regulations, and accounting standards.
* Communicating financial results to senior management and stakeholders and providing financial analysis and support as needed.
* Overseeing tax planning and compliance, including preparation, and filing of tax returns.
* Managing a small team and fostering a culture of continuous improvement within the finance function.
* Coordinate and collaborate with external auditors during the annual financial audit process.
* Recommend and assist in implementation of improvements to internal controls, policies and procedures as needed.
* Professional certifications such as ACCA or CPA.
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as finance, accounting, business administration or economics.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and company benefits
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Pay and salary ranges are dependent upon experience, qualifications and training.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.