JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Develop & implement DIP finance strategy, standards, methods and processes including budget planning, controllership, treasury and financial planning and analysis. Ensure effective routine functioning of Finance and Accounting activities by establishing financial policies and procedures, controls and reporting systems.
• Manage all department staff in performing their delegated tasks
• Ensure that all department staff acquires required skillsets, knowledge and certifications through appropriate training and professional development programs (in coordination with the Human Resources and Administration Division).
• Periodically appraise the staff. Coach and counsel them as required. Encourage good communication among all levels of staff.
• Prepare periodic performance reports for the department.
• Ensure that the division’s policies are developed and periodically reviewed, procedures for various functions are documented and implementation of these policies and procedures is monitored.
• Ensure compliance with all legal, contractual, audit, regulatory, risk management and safety requirements and procedures.
• Ensure maintenance of all fixed assets.
• Ensure insurance policies are adequate and relevant
• Develop, manage and implement financial and treasury policies and procedures and ensure stringent internal controls are followed.
• Develop annual budgets and business plans.
• Implement budgetary process by establishing detailed budget schedules.
• Achieve budget objectives by analysing actual v/s budgets for the Company.
• Perform investment appraisals and feasibility studies for potential investment opportunities.
• Coordinate with external and internal auditors to ensure that audits and reviews are carried out effectively and all audit / review comments are discussed and appropriately closed on timely manners.
• Ensure that Financial Statements are IFRS compliant.
• Ensure that Investment Properties are properly accounted and evaluated periodically.
• Ensure compliance to FTA rules and regulations with respect of VAT and Corporate Taxation.
• Perform evaluation of DIP pricing list as per Market standards.
• Undertake effective management of cash flow and negotiating credit facilities with banks.
• Undertake full ownership of rating exercise & discuss rating outcome.
• Monitor & oversee the revenue of subleasing & transfer process.
• Review on monthly basis MIS of DIP –financial results, position and cash flows and report to the Head of Finance.
• Assist in preparation of Board pack for quarterly board meetings.
• Ensure accuracy of Financial data in the PMS.
• Active participation in Service Charge budgeting and co-ordinating with RERA as well as external Auditors
• Supervise the functions for Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables
• Perform any other related job duties as requested by Head of Finance.
• Bachelor Degree in Accounts, Finance
• Relevant professional qualification in finance (CA/CPA/CMA/ACCA) is preferred
• At least ten (10) years of finance experience with at least five (5) years in a managerial role.
• Experience in Capital Market & rating process.
• Experience in Real Estate Industry
• Excellent command over written and spoken English;
• Exposure to ERP like Oracle, SAP etc.
• A professional accounting qualification i.e. CPA or equivalent, with good knowledge of international accounting and financial reporting standards with sound technical knowledge.
• Leading and Supervising
• Adhering to Principles and Value
• Working with People
• Planning and Organizing
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customers Expectations
• Relating and Networking
• Presenting and Communicating Information
• Adapting and Responding to Change
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Dubai Investments PJSC is a leading investment company listed on the Dubai Financial Market with over 19,800 shareholders and a paid-up capital of AED 4 billion. Incorporated in 1995, Dubai Investments PJSC is a world-class company that targets investments in viable and profitable entities. The Company has grown exponentially with investments in a number of businesses across sectors - real estate, manufacturing & industrial, healthcare, education and financial investments across the UAE and the Middle East.
Dubai Investments portfolio includes 40 subsidiaries & joint ventures across a wide array of industries. Since its inception, Dubai Investments has challenged the norms and introduced cutting-edge technologies, pioneering business models, unique investment strategies and innovative concepts across its diversified portfolio spanning different sectors and markets.
Setting an example of strong, sustainable growth, Dubai Investments aims to continue its journey towards enhancing the commercial and trade interests of the UAE as it continues to seek investment opportunities in new sectors, locally and internationally, as part of its strategic expansion plans.
Dubai Investments' core operating principles are to achieve attractive returns from investing in healthy businesses with high growth potential; to achieve shareholder satisfaction through a commitment to total quality, to leverage the opportunities offered by new technology; and to be a good corporate citizen, with clearly defined value proposition, including:
- Accountability & Ownership
- Work Excellence
- Human Capital Asset