JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Manager will assist in delivering detection and prevention of financial crime and fraud engagements from a technical subject matter standpoint. The person for this role must have strong technical and functional knowledge and experience in anti-money laundering (AML) and anti-bribery and corruption (ABC).
Your key job responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Lead delivery and fieldwork on engagements related to AML Compliance, including transaction monitoring, financial crime risk assessment and Anti-bribery compliance review.
- Interprets laws, regulations, requirements, industry guidance and best practices in client engagements.
- Directly interacts with key client personnel in matters related to engagements.
- Can manage multiple priorities in a professional manner and can work independently and with a team.
- Leads and actively participates in client discussions and meetings. Communicates with clients in an organized, and knowledgeable manner, delivering clear, concise, and accurate documents and requests.
- Prepare high-quality deliverables to ensure client satisfaction.
- Leads in the development of business opportunities, proposals and thought leadership.
- Strong service orientation and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- More than five years of experience in Big 4 in financial crime including AML and Anti Bribery Corruption and OFAC sanctions compliance.
- UAE experience is preferred.
- ACAMS Certification required.
- Financial services and Investigation experience preferred.
- Experience in regulatory and compliance-related projects.
- Experience with transaction monitoring, sanctions screening and customer risk rating tools preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant FCPA, AML and ABC/UKBA legislation and related guidance.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
BDO UAE is the Member Firm of BDO International with 64,300 people working out of over 1,400 offices worldwide.
At BDO UAE, we specialise in helping businesses, whether start-ups or multinationals, to achieve their goals. Through our own professional expertise and by working directly with organisations, we've developed a robust understanding of the factors that govern business growth. Our objective is to use this to help our clients maximise their potential.
We have a partner-led approach, which delivers the highest quality of service by using short, functional chains of communications to aid decision-making. Clients benefit from our fresh thinking, constructive challenge and practical understanding of the issues they face. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach at BDO UAE.