JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Executing the fire safety compliance inspections of operational facilities across the company. Assisting the Line Manager with development, implementation and maintenance of fire safety & prevention documentation for the company wide Fire Safety & Prevention Program, in compliance with UAE Fire Code requirements. Focus of the role is across projects sites and their interaction with live operation spaces. Lead team member for the coordination with Facility Maintenance on fire safety code compliance.
Managerial - Strategic Planning
• Maintain awareness on the strategy planning process
• Maintain knowledge on new and existing KPI requirements as an individual employee
Corporate Performance Management
• Achieve the goals/objectives of the department/section
• Maintain building fire risk registers on the Matari site.
• Performing follow up inspections and escalating to the Line management and the Fire Safety Specialist of any parties not deemed to be correcting unsafe conditions for their further action.
• Role is specifically assigned the duty to inspect high risk areas of the terminals and power complex on a frequent basis, reporting all findings to Line Manager on a weekly basis.
• Preparation of clear and concise inspection and audit report documentation for department reports and communication as per SOP’s, with corresponding communication to concerned parties managing projects. Maintaining correspondence history and referencing as per section SOP’s.
• Assist the Line Manager with Fire Project documentation control, development, coordination with internal and external stakeholders, to implement and maintenance a robust document framework for the program
• Assist line manager with all financial, procurement, security pass, matters relating to the section.
• Support line management with the development of promotional material, raising awareness across the business for the Fire Safety & Prevention Program.
• Support line manager with Fire Code coordination and document development with Facility Maintenance for preventative maintenance programs.
• Maintain the documentation/database and coordination of the FM related communications and information. (PTW, HTP, NOI)
• Provide training related to the prevention piece in the PPI framework
• Conduct the prevenion inspection in the airport facility and report to the line manager (follow the OGSM targets)
• Scheduling and coordination on an annual basis for inspections at the airport.
• Scheduling and coordination on an annual basis for evacuation drills at the airport.
• Scheduling of audits on preventative maintenance programs, maintaining a schedule and location plan for each airport and facility.
Organizational - Governance
• Maintain awareness and adherence to the department/section’s policies and procedures
• Participate in the periodic audit of the established policies and procedures
• Support the development of periodic reports, as requested
• Highlight any quality or non-compliance issues observed during the development of periodic reports
• Support the execution of change management activities in the department/section
• Support in the process of identifying department/section’s technology-related needs that helps drive automation within direct line of work
• Proactively identify and seek professional development opportunities to improve technical skills pertaining to the direct line of work and in line with Company’s values
• Participate in performance appraisals and reflect on the feedback and recommendations provided by the line manager for development
• Fire Safety Certification / Accreditation from an NFPA / IFE / or similar organisation.
• IOSH / NEBOSH Safety Qualification.
• College Education
• Preferable (non essential)
• Higher Education Qualifications – Diploma in a related Fire Life Safety subject
• Higher Education Qualifications – Diploma in a related Emergency Management subject
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.