JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Contemporary, modern and elegant 5-star accommodation, the Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers is based in one of the most dynamic locations in Dubai - Jumeirah Lakes Towers.
Just off the famous Sheikh Zayed Road, the 168-room hotel is close to Dubai's thriving key business districts and commercial free zones, minutes away from the city's most iconic attractions and walking distance to Dubai Metro.
Overlooking tranquil lakes and the striking Dubai Marina skyline, the hotel offers its guests 3 dining and entertainment options, 7 meeting rooms, an outdoor pool and spa. Mövenpick Jumeirah Lakes Towers is is highly convenient for business activities or leisure as suited for exploring one of the most exciting cities in the world.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed in any of the F&B department within the hotel.
- Punch in the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. Eg: No Garlic, less spicy etc, Without egg etc.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Work as a team to get all the job tasks completed in any given time.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to the guest with any additional request.
- Taking guest feedback and encouraging guest to share their feedback on our social media platform e.g. Trip advisor, Trust you etc.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking knowledge.
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
- Print closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department.
- Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine.
- Close the shift on the POS terminal.
- Other tasks that are assigned.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Trustworthy with attention to detail and high levels of accuracy in their work
- Pro-active and energetic with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Ability to multi-task with prioritization skills
- Knowledge of the products/items selling in the outlet
- Excellent presentation
- Proficient in the use of Micros
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
WHY WORK FOR ACCOR?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.