JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Forensics - Construction Manager - Construction Solutions
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
In an international firm like Deloitte, our strong global presence is complemented by our local reach and market knowledge. A career in Financial Advisory will equip you with a deep understanding of the local and regional business landscape, enabling you to identify opportunities and risks to our clients' businesses. In addition, your breadth of vision will be engaged, as you match our global resources to our clients' advantage. Our FA practice encompasses a broad range of specializations and services but whose common goal is to offer strategic services to clients throughout every phase of the economic cycle.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way"
- Serve with integrity"
- Take care of each other"
- Foster inclusion"
- Collaborate for measurable impact"
During your tenure a Forensic Construction Manager, you be involved in practical construction remediation projects (delay, quantum etc) through to the delivery of complex disputes and investigations where you will be combining your technical experience of projects with risk assessments, investigation of the physical build as well as the financials of a project and expert witness experience to deliver construction solutions for our clients.
Your tasks will include matching the volume of work and materials applied in the physical build to the project documentation (including design, variations and financial), as well as the actual work performed, analysis of the construction budget of industrial and civil projects, analysis direct and indirect costs, identifying the ineffective, inefficient and even inappropriate use of funds, the ability to solve non-trivial tasks of pricing, for example, determining the cost of completion or resolving disputes. Our services include Claims Advisory and Quantum and Delay Expert Witness Services, in support of major construction claims, and dispute resolution through ADR, Arbitration and Litigation . You will also participate in projects to improve business processes for construction management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Verification of the actual volume of construction work, including costs of work done and compliance with design and as-build documentations
- Analysis of direct and indirect construction costs
- Identification of inappropriate use of funds
- Delay analysis Project advisory services
- Construction scheduling
- Assisting in the resolution of construction disputes
- Preparation of expert reports in dispute resolution procedures
- Development of project management structure,
- Report preparation
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Engineering or Construction Management. preferred majors in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Construction Management
- 4 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of construction technologies
- Benchmark market prices
- Skill of reading drawings
- Experience in construction completion
- Knowledge of regulatory documents
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Strong managerial, organizational, project management, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Developed collaboration skills
- Proven track record with a leading professional services firm
- Ability to meet strict deadlines in high pace and dynamic environment.
- Ability to analyze accounting data on cost accounting in construction would be advantageous.
- Experience in consulting companies providing construction costs control and monitoring would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Arabic would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Autocad, Power BI would be advantageous.
The Deloitte Forensic construction team has extensive experience in the industry, and, as a result, our professionals also have a deep understanding of both the practical aspects of capital construction projects (they include engineers and quantity surveyors) and typical financial issues encountered by developers, investors, and construction contractors (they include forensic accountants and asset management specialists) across the entire lifecycle of a project.
We are seeking talented and motivated construction focused specialists join our growing team who are ready to embody their potential in consulting and focused on high quality services to our clients.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inAssociate Jobs in Dubai
Legal Counsel Jobs in Dubai
Lawyer Jobs in Dubai