JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are seeking a new Graphic Designer & Content Writer to join our team. You will be designing a wide variety of things across digital and offline media. To be successful in this position, you’ll be a self-starter, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, and show amazing attention to detail.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
• Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
• Preparing finished art by operating necessary equipment and software.
• Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
• Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
• Communicating with clients about layout and design.
• Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites with software such as photoshop.
• Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary.
• Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
• Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
• Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems
• Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
• Submit work to editors for input and approval
• Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
• Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
• Promote content on social media
• Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
• Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
• Update website content as needed
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic design or related field.
• Experience as a graphic designer or in related field.
• Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
• Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign Quark, and Illustrator.
• A strong eye for visual composition.
• Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
• Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
• Experience with computer-aided design.
• Excellent writing and editing skills in English and preferably Arabic
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Compass Ocean Logistics is an International Freight Forwarding & Logistics Company, based in Dubai, UAE. The focus is on delivering innovative logistics solutions to meet the demands of the growing International Trade & Commerce Industry.
As an emerging Logistics market specialist we are one of the region's leading independent service providers. The Compass Group prides itself on offering clients quick, economically viable and quality services that are unrivalled in the whole region.
We have our offices spread across the GCC in the UAE, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait and Qatar. Additionally we have an office in Lebanon too. We also have offices in the Indian Sub-Continent head-quartered in Bangalore, with branches in Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai. Our service partners are spread across the globe, covering the USA, Canada, Europe, China, South East Asia etc.