JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
As Group Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I), you will be an architect of the Group's DE&I programs and initiatives, guided by the Group's purpose, mission, guiding principles and values.
You'll be responsible for creating and driving the successful execution of Group strategies that promote a healthy, happier and fulfilling working environment for all employees at the Group, driving both productivity, innovation and collaboration.
- Contribute to the strengthening of the Group's employer branding by designing and developing DE&I strategies across countries where the Group operates that promote a healthy, happier and fulfilling working environment for all employees
- Collaborate with, facilitate and provide consultancy support to senior leaders in the business and HR, to develop and implement DEI initiatives in different employee life cycle touch points
- Define and implement a data-driven approach and mechanisms required to monitor the execution of the Group's core values related to its people and culture e.g. DEI, wellbeing, culture, employee survey
- Use the Voice of People survey results & other people data to support in addressing the common challenges of employees at the Group
- Guide HR Centres of Excellence in translating related DEI strategies into a continuous engaging employee journey in their areas (processes, policies and programs) e.g. linking DEI insights with Performance Management
- Upskill, coordinate and coach People Experience Leads in countries in the implementation of DE&I strategies and wellbeing initiatives
- Embed DEI and the Group's culture into its end to end supply chain (incl. partners and third parties) to ensure consistency and active implementation of the Group's culture and values
- Contribute to the ongoing development of DEI practices by designing frameworks, toolkits & resources, to support HR, the business and employees in the continuous experience enhancements
- Be the Groups ambassador for DE&I, both internally and externally, promoting the group's DE&I efforts, speaking at forums and events and creating strategic alliances and partnerships.
What you'll need:
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing progressive, innovative DE&I strategies in a large organization
- 10+ years of progressive experience in your field, with a minimum of 4 years in a dedicated DE&I, Employee Engagement, Wellbeing & People Experience role
- 5+ years experience of coaching senior leaders in People & Culture and/or DE&I challenges
- Strong leadership skills - able to align, influence and motivate team members and stakeholders
- Ability to collect and use data to form meaningful insights and create impactful solutions
- University level qualifications in a relevant field of study would be advantageous
- GCC/Regional experience would be advantageous
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.