JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
Our Group Head of Travel Retail Activity (TRA) will contribute to strengthen partnerships with key Regional and Global players in the Travel Retail Industry. You will work alongside the Group's management in defining the Group's long-term vision and strategy for TRA. You will drive the expansion of Travel Retail Activities for the Group, by leading Duty-free concessions in both airports (duty free and duty paid) and airlines as well as collaboration with JVs to build brand negotiations. Additionally, you will represent wholesale activity and will have responsibility for the growth and direction of the TRA. You will lead the activity operationally as well as having responsibility for the strategic direction of the Groups TRA.
What you'll need to succeed
- Drive the Group as a Leader in in the Travel Retail industry in the ME and Africa as well as expanding to other geographies
- Develop and lead annual strategic & operational planning processes for the business, implementing best practice within the business
- Establish sales and investments budgets and reforecast in line with company guidelines
- Identify key strategic growth areas and growth opportunities, bringing them to life through development of new partnerships and relationships across geographies and categories
- Shape the future of the Travel Retail industry for the Group, serving as strategic lead and thought leader groupwide
- Develop concepts and activities for the Travel retail business including management of Traveler
- Seek alliances across the region, by utilizing your in-depth knowledge of the Travel Retail and Duty-Free channels
- Enhance productivity and performance of the managed activities as well as joint ventures through optimization, centralized negotiations and thereby improving the image and customer service of our brands and activities
- Create and maintain strong relationships with key travel retailers
- Build equity for the group by developing considered own concepts and activities where applicable
- Sound knowledge of TRA
- Relationship building with diverse set of senior stakeholders
- Commercial acumen
- Strength in operational activities
- Growth mindset, exposed to high growth industries
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in high growth multi-category, multi-brand TR operator
- Education: Master or MBA-level
- Languages: English is a must; Arabic or French is a plus
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.