JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
General Ledger Oversight:
• Manage the general ledger reconciliation process (over 500 GLs) to ensure the accuracy of financial statements and compliance with accounting standards.
• Lead a team of reconciliation specialists, providing guidance, mentorship, and fostering a culture of excellence and accountability.
Reconciliation Process Transformation:
• Evaluate existing reconciliation processes and identify areas for improvement, streamlining workflows, and enhancing efficiency.
• Implement best practices and automation solutions to reduce manual efforts and minimize errors. Redesign GL recon process with a digital-first mindset.
Financial Statement Accuracy:
• Ensure timely and accurate reconciliation of general ledger accounts, including bank reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations, and account reconciliations.
• Review and approve reconciliations to guarantee that financial statements are free from material misstatements.
Compliance and Audit Support:
• Collaborate with internal and external auditors to provide support during financial audits, ensuring that reconciliations and supporting documentation meet audit requirements.
• Ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations, making necessary adjustments as needed.
• Identify and mitigate financial and operational risks related to the reconciliation process.
• Implement controls to prevent inaccuracies and discrepancies in financial records.
• Recruit, train, and mentor reconciliation specialists to enhance their skills and knowledge.
• Foster a collaborative and supportive work environment that promotes professional growth.
• Document reconciliation processes, workflows, and best practices, ensuring that team members have access to accurate and up-to-date guidelines.
Reporting and Analysis:
• Generate reports on reconciliation status, discrepancies, and improvements.
• Conduct regular analysis to identify trends and areas that require attention or optimization.
• Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• 15 years' experience in Banking (preferably in Operations) including demonstrated leadership level roles in managing large GL reconciliation functions within Finance and/or Operations.
• Strong understanding and exposure to technology driven transformation initiatives.
• Bias for technology driven solutions with a digital first mindset.
• Understand and ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business/function.
• Analytical and numeric skills with the ability to draw the correct conclusions from large volume of diverse information.
• Time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Ability to work professionally with various levels of staff and management.
• Excellent written & oral communication and presentation skills including the ability to deliver clear and accurate messages to management.
• Sound judgment, keen sense of urgency and initiative, and high level of professional and personal integrity.
• Good team player, with strong interpersonal skills.
• A skilled communicator with the ability to communicate complex issues in a simple, yet impactful manner.
• Curious and innovative, balanced with a dose of action-oriented pragmatism.
• Logical thinker, with strong business planning and strategic thinking skills.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.