JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Our client is a global and diversified organization, they are looking for an extraordinary Head Chef to join their Restaurant.
You are responsible for managing all aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Team Member experience. The Head Chef will also be required to ensure that all operational, quality, and administrative functions are carried out properly. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Creating and maintaining an excellent menu selection, keeping in mind the target guests.
• A passion for vegan food and the culinary arts.
• Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality, and administrative functions.
• Actively seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond to all guest's queries in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ensuring adequate resources are available according to business needs.
• Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and take action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation.
• Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets.
• Ensure team members have up-to-date knowledge of menu items, special promotions, functions, and events.
• Maintain good communication and work relationships in all Cafe areas.
• Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to cover business demands.
• Ensure monthly communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes are generated.
• Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Recruit, manage, train, and develop all the kitchen teams for Plant Essence Cafe.
• Comply with Cafe security, fire regulations, and all health and safety and food safety legislation.
• Ensure maintenance, hygiene, and hazard issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
• Manage the financial performance of the department so all planning is in line with cafe objectives.
• Ensure food control systems are adhered to so margins are on target.
• Regular review of all menus with the Food and Beverage manager to confirm offerings are in line with market trends.
• Be environmentally aware.
• Always maintain the quality and consistency of food.
• Vegan/Organic cuisine experience in a managerial capacity.
• Experience managing food costs.
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Accountable and resilient.
• Committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Food hygiene qualification.
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
• Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons, and evenings as well as long hours.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Previous kitchen experience in a similar role
• Passion for vegan food.
• Knowledge of current food trends.
• Advance food hygiene qualification.
• High level of IT proficiency.
• Knowledge about different cooking techniques
• Knowledge about different cuisines
• Food pairing (non-alcoholic)
• Food plating skills (ability to showcase presentation skills)
• Knowledge of local suppliers
• Menu creation (cycle menus/ catering menus)
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form of charge for our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Black Pearl is a human resources and recruitment agency that provides a holistic business and talent solution in a progressive, dynamic, and efficient way.
We pride ourselves as a unique black pearl and strive to delight our clients with a personalized partnership that helps them propel towards success.
Whether you need to find top talent, your next great job opportunity, or a consulting solution for managing your business, engaging employees, evolving your work culture, planning your people strategy, or resourcing challenges, we can help.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inExecutive Chef Jobs in Dubai
Chef Jobs in Dubai
Sous Chef Jobs in Dubai