JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a head of Acoustics to lead our regional Acoustics team. The Acoustics team is a key part of the business that provides support and expert advice to both internal and external clients. WSP has a reputation for being one of the best Acoustic Consultancies, both locally and internationally, and you will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing that reputation.
A typical week would include:
* Lead the Acoustics team consisting of professionals in Dubai and India
* Have strong commercial skills and manage all of the commercial aspects of the Acoustics team such as P&L, forecasting and fee proposals
* Will develop a strong understanding of the Middle East Region's acoustic consultancy market and clients
* Facilitate the development Acoustics team strategic vision, in-line with WSP ME P&B Strategy, and act as custodian of that strategy to continually monitor performance against, and update as needed
* Oversee business development activities for the team and I am accountable for all bids that are submitted
* Be accountable for the technical excellence of the team and provide technical oversight across multiple projects, providing prompt support and expert advice to members of the Acoustics team
* Responsible for the day to day management of the Acoustics team
* Use noise modelling software e.g. CadnaA, Soundplan, Odeon, CATT
* Manage a team delivering multiple acoustic projects in a well-organized manner that ensures an efficient and smooth delivery service for our clients
* Provide mentorship, support, and empower the growth and progression of the acoustic team members
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A qualified Acoustic Consultant with a degree, diploma or masters in Acoustics
* A member of a Professional Institution
* 10+ years technical experience
* 5+ years of team leader experience, including mentoring, career development, and recruitment
* Excellent communication skills
* Am adaptable and willing to work across a range of projects
* Have previous experience working directly for multidisciplinary engineering consultants
* Have experience with the commercial management of a business unit
* Fully familiar with regulations and codes in the Middle East Region
* A people person, able to lead a team, and build excellent client relations through my communication and multidisciplinary coordination skills
* Confident presenting to all stakeholders including contractors and clients
* Comfortable using my initiative and working independently
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.