JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are are seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to join us as the Head of Commercial Services for our Transport & Infrastructure business unit. This role will spearhead the expansion and enhancement of our commercial service offerings to clients, driving growth and excellence in our business.
Your new role, what's involved?
• Develop and execute the strategic vision for the commercial services department within the Transport & Infrastructure business unit.
• Lead and inspire a team to achieve departmental goals aligned with overall company objectives.
• Identify and capitalize on market opportunities to expand commercial service offerings to new and existing clients.
• Build and nurture strong client relationships, understanding their needs and tailoring services to meet their requirements.
• Innovate and diversify commercial service offerings to add value to client projects.
• Collaborate with technical teams to align commercial services with project deliverables and client expectations.
• Oversee the preparation and submission of proposals, bids, and tender documents, ensuring high-quality, competitive offerings.
• Lead negotiations and contract discussions with clients to secure agreements.
• Develop and manage budgets, forecasts, and financial targets for the commercial services department.
• Monitor financial performance and take proactive measures to optimize profitability and efficiency.
• Recruit, mentor, and develop a high-performing team, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
• Provide guidance and support to team members to enhance their professional growth.
Market Analysis and Insights:
• Stay updated on industry trends, market developments, and competitor activities, leveraging insights to drive business strategies.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, or related field. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
• Proven experience (at least 15 years) in commercial services, business development, or related roles within the infrastructure or engineering consultancy sector.
• Strong understanding of the transport and infrastructure market in the Middle East.
• Exceptional leadership and communication skills with the ability to inspire and motivate teams.
• Demonstrated success in developing and executing strategic business plans.
• Excellent negotiation, presentation, and client relationship management abilities.
• Analytical mindset with proficiency in financial management and budgeting.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.