JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
As the Head of Finance at Alpha Flight Services, you will report to the GM with functional responsibility to the group CFO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. As the Head of Finance, you will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial activities of the company including stakeholders’ relationships.
What you will do
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the company’s financial function and performance.
• Establish and direct the organization's financial administrative activities and operational procedures to ensure the organization's profits are protected.
• Direct the collection of financial and accounting information and the preparation of budget reports, forecasts, and monthly reporting.
• Coordinate the design, implementation, and monitoring of up-to-date or computerized accounting and administrative systems.
• Direct and co-ordinate economic research major feasibility studies.
• Give assessments of proposals involving financial expenditure and of the financial status of operational projects.
• Control activities such as credit policy, cash flow and investment policy, costing, and expense control, audits as well as the administration of contracts, and insurance arrangements.
• Make policy decisions and accept responsibility for operations, performance of staff, achievement of targets, and adherence to budgets, standards, and procedures.
• Administer approved general accounting practices throughout the company to ensure accounting, financial, and operating reports accurately reflect the conditions of the business.
• Ensures that accounting transactions are in line with the policies and procedures and with IFRS.
• Supervise the maintenance of company ledgers, and prepare operating and financial statements.
• Prepare special accounting reports and cost statements as required.
• Provide proper records and accounts in respect of all payments due to the Airport Authority in respect of the Concession Agreement.
• Coordinate internal and external audits and ensure proper filing of all tax returns.
• Oversee and lead the company’s finance infrastructure and implementations (e.g. new ERP system).
• Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operations and effectiveness of the company.
• Be an advisor from a financial perspective on any contracts into which the company may enter.
• Develop reliable cash flow projections process and reporting.
• Control the selection and training of finance staff, establish lines of control, and delegate responsibilities to subordinate staff.
• Evaluation of the finance department structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with an emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
• Month-end Financial Closing, Internal/External Audits, Annual Budget, and Cash flow Management.
• Represent the organization in dealings with the organization's bankers, and others as required.
• Conducts audits on payroll, sales, and purchase ledger to ensure the accuracy and authenticity of income and outgoings.
What you will bring to the team
• Bachelor’s degree in a finance discipline and a recognized accounting qualification.
• 8+ year’s financial experience in the catering/hospitality industry with a minimum of 4 years at the management level.
• Knowledge of relevant local legal rules and procedures.
• Strong IFRS Internal control knowledge.
• Energetic, forward-thinking with high integrity standards.
• Well-organized and self-directed individual.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.